Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Rig Alpha One Hydration Help Needed
Quote | Reply
I have a Cervelo P2 (2019 Model) that I upgraded last year with the Tri Rig Alpha One Bar System.

I have tried the Metron Vision; Speedfill (the one that fits on the downtube) and XLab Torpedo.

Each have had issues that make them less than ideal for me.

I have to land on the best option (for me) for hydration. My Slow Twitch research has a lot of feedback on BTA options.

Any suggestions from Tri Rig Alpha owners are appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One Hydration Help Needed [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Alpha One, simply with a bottle cage and a normal bottle. If you want to use an XLab torpedo and you've angled the bar, then you need to buy longer tubing so that the straw sits at the bottom of the bottle where there is still access to fluid. But my personal preference is a regular bottle that I then switch with bottles at the aid stations. With a Gorilla cage, it holds both the normal water bottles and the Gatorade bottles fine

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One Hydration Help Needed [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
I use the Alpha One, simply with a bottle cage and a normal bottle. If you want to use an XLab torpedo and you've angled the bar, then you need to buy longer tubing so that the straw sits at the bottom of the bottle where there is still access to fluid. But my personal preference is a regular bottle that I then switch with bottles at the aid stations. With a Gorilla cage, it holds both the normal water bottles and the Gatorade bottles fine

I also put an Alpha One system on a Cervelo and I think a standard bottle cage is where I’ll end up. I’m currently experimenting with the Profile Design HSF/AERO HC 800 and it’s not ideal. The only place I space for it has it way back toward the saddle where it’s awkward to reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to help with any issues you might have had with the XLAB Torpedo, if you still want to consider the system.

We have had a few customers mention using the Alpha One Hydration mount with our Torpedo and were happy with the setup.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One Hydration Help Needed [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I use a regular Tri Rig bottle cage with the Xlab Torpedo on my Alpha One setup. Works great!
Cervelo P3
Last edited by: Mniels: May 9, 23 14:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been racing on the Tri Rig Alpha One since April 2018. I used an X-Lab Torpedo for quite awhile, but for the past year or so, I've been using two regular bottle cages (one mounted above the extensions, and one underneath) and been very happy with it. They easily hold aid station bottles like this as well. I have a Torpedo cage on the underside in the pic for some reason, but when I race I have Gorilla cages for both. If you want to see more detail, let me know. I'll get pics from more angles.

Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One Hydration Help Needed [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reply. Would love to see more photos!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One Hydration Help Needed [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a pic of your setup? Where do you mount your bike computer?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One Hydration Help Needed [dmorris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmorris wrote:
Do you have a pic of your setup? Where do you mount your bike computer?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cTFoLw3yTsBpLms2A

(Done via phone and couldn’t add actual hyperlink sorry)

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply