Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, and the implication is that it will improve other bikes in a similar fashion. Which is a total crapshoot guess.

But hey, that's sales.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what you're saying with these graphs is that at 5, 7.5 and 10yaw it's going to be at most ~ .3sec/km faster on an Omni w/ cover vs an Omni Omega X w/out the cover but you really don't know if it's going to be better or worse on other bikes? (320 vs 360 gm drag at 30mph 10yaw)

Hardly seems worth the trouble

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that looks good,but mines a little tighter in shape to the head tube
I did mine with 3T bar and tririg brake

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
So what you're saying with these graphs is that at 5, 7.5 and 10yaw it's going to be at most ~ .3sec/km faster on an Omni w/ cover vs an Omni Omega X w/out the cover but you really don't know if it's going to be better or worse on other bikes? (320 vs 360 gm drag at 30mph 10yaw)

The fact that it worked that well on Omni, an already incredibly-fast shape, led me to believe it was worth the trouble. Of course, you are welcome to draw your own conclusions.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
desert dude wrote:

The fact that it worked that well on Omni, an already incredibly-fast shape, led me to believe it was worth the trouble. Of course, you are welcome to draw your own conclusions.

If I test it and release the data can I get one free? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

Man you guys are a tough crowd! I didn't read his post as being overly promotional. In response to a question, he provided proof that in at least one case it did in fact help (though only a little). I've seen lots of sloppy front ends where I think this would likely help. Hopefully eventually all bikes will be clean enough not to need it.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excited about this product, especially since I ride an Orbea.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks to be enough room to stuff the effing Blip Box, no?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, should be in most cases.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lanierb wrote:
Man you guys are a tough crowd! .

That's just for the moment because its new - as soon as Sanders has in on the bike, or Starky, they will start loving it instantly.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben6 wrote:
lanierb wrote:

Man you guys are a tough crowd! .

That's just for the moment because its new - as soon as Sanders has in on the bike, or Starky, they will start loving it instantly.

LOL!!! FTW!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Yes, should be in most cases.

Can you comment on this product being in violation of the rules?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick, what a great idea to hide the monopost.

I have an orbea ordu omp and I want this. Is there any alternative cable exits (e.g. top cover) on the Alpha One? It looks like the frame will block the backward facing Alpha One cable routes.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will this work in conjunction with the new Profile Design Aeria hydration system?

https://profile-design.com/products/aeria-hydration-system
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's a cool design to cover the Alpha One monopost. That said, I think the beauty of the Omega brake is its lightweight, minimal simplicity and ease of brake pad adjustment. If I needed a brake fairing I'd buy one of the dozens of tri bikes that have the brakes integrated (that also happen to make adjustments a pain). Just my 2¢.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lanierb wrote:
Man you guys are a tough crowd!

A tough crowd would be pointing out that it appears like the top was cut to length with a pruning saw and the entire thing is held on with electrical tape.

I'm super impressed with my Omega brake and very close to pulling the trigger on the Alpha X bars. These brake cover photos look mega rushed though.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTNY wrote:
Will this work in conjunction with the new Profile Design Aeria hydration system?

Are you using the Ultimate stem?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, using the factory stem that comes with the Canyon Speedmax

The GMAN wrote:
JTNY wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
lanierb wrote:
Man you guys are a tough crowd!

A tough crowd would be pointing out that it appears like the top was cut to length with a pruning saw and the entire thing is held on with electrical tape.

i'm glad someone finally said it
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
dangle wrote:

i'm glad someone finally said it

I almost said 'cut to length with a lightsaber' but I don't think everybody would have gotten the joke.
Last edited by: dangle: May 25, 18 11:37
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
of all people, nick would know that a lightsaber makes the cleanest cuts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTNY wrote:

The GMAN wrote:
JTNY wrote:

I know the Canyon uses a nearly identical version PD bottle to the Aeria Hydration System but it's not the same in how it mates and shapes with the stem. That bottle that you linked is shaped to only work on the Ultimate stem. The Canyon one was specifically designed for the Canyon stem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to know, I was messaging with someone on here who got it to fit onto his canyon, I'll have to probe further to see if any modification was necessary.

The GMAN wrote:
JTNY wrote:

The GMAN wrote:
JTNY wrote:

I know the Canyon uses a nearly identical version PD bottle to the Aeria Hydration System but it's not the same in how it mates and shapes with the stem. That bottle that you linked is shaped to only work on the Ultimate stem. The Canyon one was specifically designed for the Canyon stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's probably a way to MacGyver it on there... but can't you just buy the Canyon version?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It really sucks but no you can't buy the Canyon version. You have to pony up to the "SLX "model as it is the only model that comes w/the PD hydration kit.

And having read thru my PM's with the owner of a CF model who has Aeria hydration kit and read that you have to get the PD Ultimate stem. So basically that's almost $300 to get the integrated look.

The GMAN wrote:
There's probably a way to MacGyver it on there... but can't you just buy the Canyon version?
Quote Reply

Prev Next