Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured as much... it's really one of those things that as you say won't come up for most customers, but I know it was there, and even though the bike I'm using this one on doesn't need it, I know it used to be there and so i miss it not being there...and so i b*tch that it's gone. Such is (one of) your occupational hazards ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the new Alpha X have the same built in "cable hanger" feature as the original Sigma?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Does the new Alpha X have the same built in "cable hanger" feature as the original Sigma?
The new Alpha X and Sigma X do have integrated cable hangers. However, it's not the same as the original Sigma - it's much better! The cable stop is removable, so that you can either run housing up to the stop (and bare wire from there, as on the original Sigma), or you can remove the stop and run full housing, or hydraulic lines. There are some detail shots of that in the product "features" pages.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
I figured as much... it's really one of those things that as you say won't come up for most customers, but I know it was there, and even though the bike I'm using this one on doesn't need it, I know it used to be there and so i miss it not being there...and so i b*tch that it's gone. Such is (one of) your occupational hazards ;)
Again, just to be clear, no bike actually "needs" it -- you can still run bare cable through the stock brake. I understand what you're saying, just want to drive the point home for others who read this.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nick, just put in my order for the alpha x! Have you been able to start shipping bars already? Also, will the everything ship together? brakes/extensions, etc? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [DY3VERSITY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DY3VERSITY wrote:
Hey Nick, just put in my order for the alpha x! Have you been able to start shipping bars already? Also, will the everything ship together? brakes/extensions, etc? Thanks
As per the store text, 6-8 weeks from date of order. You may receive multiple shipments.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you make the alpha x on a per order basis?

As an aside, has anyone received their alpha x yet?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered on day 1. Haven't got bars yet.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So about 7 weeks now? Hopefully you'll see them soon.

If you have the time, or desire, I'd be interested to hear your impression of them. They're a stretch for me, but I consider them an investment in my sanity and time in maintenance during travel/training. I just want to be sure they are as friendly as they look for travel and performance before I take the plunge. It appears to be a bar that "has it all," and one that I would keep for future bikes, so that's what has kept my interest.

As much as I enjoy TriRig products that I have, and his reviews, I don't buy into marketing until I've seen some outside impressions.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure. Mine are primarily for use on a fit bike, so I should get a lot of feedback for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
DY3VERSITY wrote:

As per the store text, 6-8 weeks from date of order. You may receive multiple shipments.

Is this always going to be the case? Is the 6 to 8 week delay for the Alpha X going to be true going forward? I assumed that was just for the initial orders (back in April) but that you would have them in stock at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
writhe wrote:
TriRig wrote:
DY3VERSITY wrote:

Is this always going to be the case? Is the 6 to 8 week delay for the Alpha X going to be true going forward? I assumed that was just for the initial orders (back in April) but that you would have them in stock at some point.

We will eventually have stock. Right now, we are still estimating a 6-8 week lead time. When that changes, it will be very clear in the store. But as long as we're still showing the 6-8 week lead time in the store, that's the estimate.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had an Email today, stating that they my Alpha X are being shipped with postal label having been created and I m able to track it now! Although it has not yet left the building! :)

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick,

Do you have official weights for the stem. Just about to finish my build and need this final piece and was wondering what the weight is on the new stem.

Also would you happen to know if your new Sigma X stem would work with the new Cervelo aero drop bar?
Last edited by: BMANX: Jun 3, 15 11:39
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [alexneum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, Alpha X bars are not yet shipping. Any shipping labels right now are for other parts of your order (brakes, extensions, etc). No official weights on Sigma X yet. Thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick,

Is there a particular barrel adjuster you recommend for mounting directly at the built in cable hanger at the top of the front Omega X brake? I really want to be able to adjust my brake pad widths but hate putting barrel adjusters in the middle of the housing run. Would putting one there screw up the beautiful aerodynamics too badly?

Jason

Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [j-hud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j-hud wrote:
Nick,

Is there a particular barrel adjuster you recommend for mounting directly at the built in cable hanger at the top of the front Omega X brake? I really want to be able to adjust my brake pad widths but hate putting barrel adjusters in the middle of the housing run. Would putting one there screw up the beautiful aerodynamics too badly?

Jason

You should NOT use a barrel adjuster with the Omega or Omega X. Pad stance width should always be adjusted via the set screws on the side. A barrel adjuster essentially deploys the brake. That's not how pad stance was designed to be adjusted.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that what those tiny hex bolts are on each side? What size hex key do those take?

Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [j-hud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#2 hex

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, as shown in the installation guide. They are M4 set screws, actuated by a 2mm hex wrench.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to your feed back as well. Hopefully with comparison to any other bar you may be using. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So just to make sure I understand correctly. The old Sigma was more or less the equivalent of -17 degree stem but the Sigma x doesn't have as much drop. How much less drop does it have? What would its drop be the equivalent be?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [90kestrel200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [90kestrel200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also am unable to find the degree of rise on the new sigma. Nowhere on his site or this thread.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
I also am unable to find the degree of rise on the new sigma. Nowhere on his site or this thread.

Pretty sure the new stem is the similar to the old "flat" stem. My quick math work out to -14 degree drop. [Tangent of 100/25 is ~14 degrees].
Quote Reply

Prev Next