Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really no way to avoid flexibility if you want the bars to be super aero.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Alpha X is significantly stiffer than its predecessor, due to the new truncated airfoil, as well as some design things we can do with an integrated bar/stem combo that we can't do with a standalone bar.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
I like the look of the brake, but have only seen them be a PITA unless they are perfectly set up (which doesn't seem to last from what my mates tell me).
User error in setup is one of the things we addressed with Omega X - the new brake is very tough to set up wrong. Have a look at the installation video and you'll see how truly easy it is to set up. We want everyone to have a perfect installation, and with the Omega X, we've made that a very easy thing to do.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick,

I just want to say, you have some VERY impressive online resources for this new product line on your web site

Puts many other people in the product business in this sport, in their place ie way behind! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Apr 22, 15 9:30
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All in all the new X line is a very impressive effort. The Alpha X looks to be the best aero bar out there if you have a flat arm position. Wouldn't mind seeing a tapered spacer or two to allow a bit of angling of the armpads, but don't know if the bolts would still mate properly with the armpads. Something to think about.

The Tririg stuff has always had a lot of creative thinking behind it but this new range marks a big jump in product maturity.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
I don't use them, but ride with a bunch of guys who descend like grandmas due to their fear of not being able to stop... I like the look of the brake, but have only seen them be a PITA unless they are perfectly set up (which doesn't seem to last from what my mates tell me).

Jack

Huh...that's weird...because I had a set on my S5 and had the exact opposite experience. They were one of the most powerful and easily controlled (only 1 or 2 fingers necessary) brakes I ever used. In fact, my impression after putting some Magura hydraulic rim brakes on my Soloist last winter was that they really didn't give up much, if anything, in either category to what are arguably one of the best rim brakes out there. I've got some nice descents to try them on around here too.

Never had to fiddle with them either. They just worked.

Ok, correction then, your "friends" need to learn how to set up brakes :-/

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
rruff wrote:

Alpha X is significantly stiffer than its predecessor, due to the new truncated airfoil, as well as some design things we can do with an integrated bar/stem combo that we can't do with a standalone bar.

This is great to hear. If the P2 had vertical dropouts this would already be a done deal for me... still might be a done deal, anyways, lol.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for the kind words, everyone!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:
I don't use them, but ride with a bunch of guys who descend like grandmas due to their fear of not being able to stop... I like the look of the brake, but have only seen them be a PITA unless they are perfectly set up (which doesn't seem to last from what my mates tell me).

Jack

Huh...that's weird...because I had a set on my S5 and had the exact opposite experience. They were one of the most powerful and easily controlled (only 1 or 2 fingers necessary) brakes I ever used. In fact, my impression after putting some Magura hydraulic rim brakes on my Soloist last winter was that they really didn't give up much, if anything, in either category to what are arguably one of the best rim brakes out there. I've got some nice descents to try them on around here too.

Vested interest in this perhaps? I had always seen you as an objective guy... But I know several people with the Omega brakes and don't know any that would describe them in the manner that you did. Aero? For sure. Good braking performance? Certainly not, and especially not "one of the most powerful and easily controlled . . . brakes." No need to attack people who disagree with you, Tom.

After your posting and seeing Dan Empfield's disingenuous blurb on TriRig's site (under "Industry Feedback") basically calling these aero bars the second coming (when honestly they're great bars, maybe the best, but still an incremental step better, not a "reimagining of the aerobar" as Dan would say. lol) I think I have stumbled upon how Dan is finally monetizing this site. Ads are fine, but sad to monetize in such a way where integrity goes out the window. :(
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [75000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 3 tririg brakes and they just work too.

I will be buying the new one for sure.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [75000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - Dan's getting really beaten up this week! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
75000 wrote:
I don't use them, but ride with a bunAds are fine, but sad to monetize in such a way where integrity goes out the window. :(

Yeah, because TriRig is where the big bucks are at.

TriRig.com, is, if anything, a competitor to Slowtwitch, with its in-depth reviews.

From having read Dan's reviews for quite some time, he's an industry guy who gets genuinely excited about innovative stuff. End of story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lack of braking power hasn't been my experience. I regularly descend an 8 mile stretch with 5-15% sections with no problems. Granted I probably brake harder in traffic or at stop lights. Brakes stop just as well as my dura ace brakes on my other bike. I do make sure to clean them though, which I don't clean the shimano brakes. I can see how they would not work as well if the cable tension was not setup right or you didn't have very good brake levers. The SRAM aero levers I have seem to work very well. I also only use carbon rims when racing, so that might also be it. I don't care for the braking performance of carbon rims in the rain with either the omega or dura ace brakes.

75000 wrote:
Tom A. wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Jack

Vested interest in this perhaps? I had always seen you as an objective guy... But I know several people with the Omega brakes and don't know any that would describe them in the manner that you did. Aero? For sure. Good braking performance? Certainly not, and especially not "one of the most powerful and easily controlled . . . brakes." No need to attack people who disagree with you, Tom.

After your posting and seeing Dan Empfield's disingenuous blurb on TriRig's site (under "Industry Feedback") basically calling these aero bars the second coming (when honestly they're great bars, maybe the best, but still an incremental step better, not a "reimagining of the aerobar" as Dan would say. lol) I think I have stumbled upon how Dan is finally monetizing this site. Ads are fine, but sad to monetize in such a way where integrity goes out the window. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not attacking anyone. Someone made a snide comment about "making a brake that brakes" and I was just pointing out that they must be doing something wrong.

There are many variables in brake performance. How about making sure you and your compatriots aren't hamstringing the performAnce with improper setup and/or poor choices of braking materials? I'm just telling you my honest experience with the Omegas. As far as "vested interest" goes, what are you implying?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had them on 2 bikes and set them up on 4 others. The brakes work great.

As to Dan having a vested interest in Tririg? That's pretty funny. I guess it might take a bike fitter to understand exactly what these bars bring to the table. They are the only new bars I have purchased for my fit bike in quite some time. Adjustability, aero, integration, weight AND a really usegful fit guide. Nick and tririg are redefining what aerobars should be. End of story.

I guess I might have a vested interest too? I want one, that's for sure. Unfortunately.....

TriRig.com <info@tririg.com>
6:20 PM (19 hours ago)

to me

Hi, sorry we don't have dealer programs. We are 100% direct-to-consumer.
Last edited by: Dave Luscan: Apr 22, 15 11:30
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, because TriRig is where the big bucks are at.

The content on TriRig is amazing - very in depth and informative. Work and content like that, does not happen over night and takes an extraordinary amount of time and effort.

The traditional model for this, in various media ( print, TV, online etc . .), is that advertisers pay for space and the media outlet keeps supplying the great content! Of course the internet, blogging and social media have blown up those traditional models and been somewhat to very disruptive! Some people do this sort of thing as a complete on-the side hobby - think of Ray Makers Blog!

I had lunch with Gerard Vroomen, Co-Founder of Cervelo a long time ago. Gerard had an idea for a new web site he was pitching me on. I can't remember what his name for the site was, bikegearreview.com, or something like that. Anyway, TriRig has all the hallmarks of that site that Gerard laid out for me years ago - I note, with out the advertising! Gerard was notoriously, anti-advertising, but he did say to me that he would have supported a site like his hypothetical bikegearreview.com, with an ad! :)

Last edited by: Fleck: Apr 22, 15 11:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to be clear -- NO, I have not paid, incentivized, or otherwise monetarily encouraged ANYONE to provide any kind of media exposure. No one in the media has a financial interest in TriRig (except me of course). I'm the 100% owner, and to date I haven't taken out any ads. I simply sent the launch information to several media outlets, and those are the quotes they provided to me.

But I'll take that as quite a compliment - the media reviews are SO positive that you think I've "bought" the industry? Wow!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
Thanks for that input! By any chance in your tunnel tests did you have any available Alphas for testing?

I don't know anyone in New Zealand who has them. Nor is it worth me acquiring some as they have no dealer program.
But I think it's a well designed product, even if I'll never see one in the flesh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
User error in setup is one of the things we addressed with Omega X - the new brake is very tough to set up wrong. Have a look at the installation video and you'll see how truly easy it is to set up. We want everyone to have a perfect installation, and with the Omega X, we've made that a very easy thing to do.

I really like the new Omega X. Any chance you will offer it in white?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you anticipate working with dealers in the future? Why or why not?

Thank you

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Do you anticipate working with dealers in the future? Why or why not?
No plans to do so in the foreseeable future. Our model has always been consumer-direct.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a former retailer, that bums me out. I know there are passionate people who would love to sell the sh&% out of your products.

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why? If TriRig can run production, logistics, shipping, warranty...etc. them selves, that is much better. Greater profit. Better ability to remain in contact with their customers. Throwing in middle men just distorts everything imo.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would actually reduce logistics and time spent responding to installation questions (shop handles installation); it would provide in-person customer support. And, most importantly, building loyalty with shop owners could add to a moat of market security for a product that is not inimitable. In fact, it is very easily imitable: see upcoming FSA center pull brake, and by the looks of 3T's just released aero road bar, an upcoming aero bar that could compete with the TriRig Alpha is inevitable. If a shop can sell this new hypothetical bar but can not sell the TriRig Alpha, which bar will the customer buy? This isn't to say that direct to consumer is a bad model at all. But the idea you presented that a direct to consumer model is the obvious choice may not be totally accurate and it is not without drawbacks.

Edit: That said, until I see more shops providing the level of information for their local communities that TriRig and DC Rainmaker provide, I'm not sure shops are an ideal partner. The best way for shops to win over local parsimonious consumers who turn to online discount shopping is to provide them with distilled information such as: 'we tested these 5 products and and here is why we are only carrying these two models', on signage in the store so customers can walk through and become informed and for this information to be blasted out in newsletters and on their website. Until shops become brick and mortar TriRig's and DC Rainmakers, I don't fault Nick for not seeking their partnerships.

Last edited by: milesthedog: Apr 22, 15 18:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm happy to let them continue to have the distribution, but it would be nice to pay little less for a set solely for the fit bike. All it does is generate sales.

Bought some anyway though! So if anyone wants to take them for a spin on the Retul Muv, give me a pm.
Quote Reply

Prev Next