Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriRig Angled Spacer Kit
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried using the TriRig Angled Spacer kit on their FELT IA basebar? Specifically the Bayonete basebar.

I have the Shapeways ones that were posted here awhile ago but they are starting to show their age...
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Angled Spacer Kit [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a set for my Canyon, I hope they work

--------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a good idea at the time. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the important thing to know with the Angled Spacers is that they are really only intended to work under the armpads of most setups, not under the extension clamps/riser stacks and such. It's just pretty much impossible to create a universal angle spacer that has proper bolt alignment for the various risers. This means that the Angled Spacers are best in two use cases:

1. Under one piece armcup/extension setups like the Scoops Ultimate. Obviously, with these setups, tilting the armcups will be tilting the extensions/shifters an equal amount.
2. "Faking" tilt but tilting the armcups and then adding high rise extensions to match the angle. This is much more accessible but requires some experimenting or calculating to make sure the extension setup has the proper amount of rise to it. This math will vary pretty signficiantly depending on a few factors: extension length, where the extension mounts on the basebar, preferred grip on the shifters, etc.

That said, if you're going for either setup, the spacers pretty much fit anything that the Scoops will fit. As long as the pad mounting holes are vertically oriented and between 13 and 27mm apart center to center, and are m5 or m6, the angled spacers will fit. Basebars that use m4 bolts can be made to work as well with washers to increase the size of the bolt head. Might just require a trip to the hardware store.

If any of those conditions arent met, especially if your only pad mounting options are in a horizontal line, something like the Wingspan extenders could be an intermediary to kind of swap over to the TriRig ecosystem of spacing and bolt sizes.

I have seen a few creative methods of mounting them in the riser stack but thats just not going to work 95% of the time.

I recognize that was a long response that didn't even directly answer your question, but hopefully it helps some. I get a lot of questions about these so maybe this thread will at least show up in google searches!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bough THESE from Watt Shop & they are pretty slick, but were a PITA on the old model I have. You have to be super good with several parts at the same time, this looks like a redesign of what I bought just over a year ago. Mine don't have the big silver bolts on the side. Although, they are a bit over priced.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Angled Spacer Kit [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But what I don't get is whill those connect with the basebar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dunno, just putting it out there as an alternative to check. Cool thing is it goes from like 5 degrees to 25...all on the same spacer, it's adjustable. I'd contact them through their website & make sure, they were really easy to work with. It may take a day or two as they are a small operation though. It is a universal set up so should fit most bikes as long as the attachment holes are standard (whatever that is specifically).
Last edited by: Rocky M: Nov 22, 22 19:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
Has anyone tried using the TriRig Angled Spacer kit on their FELT IA basebar? Specifically the Bayonete basebar.

I have the Shapeways ones that were posted here awhile ago but they are starting to show their age...

Resurrecting this thread - any idea if they will work on an older Alpha X bar? Their site sez that they will work on "TriRig Alpha aerobar ever made" but they seem to be of a slighty different shape than risers that came with Alpha X.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply