Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates on the progress of this facility?
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than them regularly retweeting interesting triathlon articles or inspirational quotes on twitter, I haven't seen anything unfortunately...
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plans for TriHabitat are still moving forward. There has been some great progress behind the scenes.

http://www.thebouker.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [Bouker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [Bouker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So still on for that 2016 opening that they announced correct?
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would love an update from someone in the know
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nobody knows except Bouker and Bill Scott.
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:
So still on for that 2016 opening that they announced correct?

I wouldn't bank on it. Maybe (BIG maybe) late 2016 IMO

Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would sale of B2B have anything to do with Trihabitat?

Trihabitat website has not updated "news" since September 16, 2015. They still note "Wilmington hosts Set Up Events’ flagship event, the PPD Beach2Battleship iron and half iron distance event, each fall," on the "About" page. They are "currently conducting a capital raise" with Alchemy Global.

Lots of January 2015 news regarding Trihabitat "on pace" for Summer 2016 event.
Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [stltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This looks awesome and we've been waiting for updates. My question is what about swimming in the winter (can get chilly in NC)? Is there going to be a heated pool for swimming year round in addition to the horseshoe shaped lake?

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So did this happen?

I'm thinking that since I cannot find any new info on the web that it didn't

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Construction like this takes time.

They have an active Twitter account which tweeted as recently as today.
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [Buckeyeinnc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a facebook page too, and the last time that was active was September 30th.

Doesn't take much to post what is essentially nothing meaningful to social media.
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
They have a facebook page too, and the last time that was active was September 30th.

Doesn't take much to post what is essentially nothing meaningful to social media.

Unfortunately this is very true. They tweet pretty regularly but never anything substantial (or remotely) related to their progress. It's just inspirational quotes or triathlon news. (I think I pointed this out earlier in the thread but it continues.)
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [Buckeyeinnc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

I'm not on Twitter :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Latest news

On the bright side, maybe Orlando is in for a little bit of TriHabitatation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Disney!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
Latest news

On the bright side, maybe Orlando is in for a little bit of TriHabitatation.

I still don't think it will happen. Numerous camps are already held in Clermont but they tend to cluster from January to March. What is the market for TriHabitat the rest of the year? Who will train/race there in the summer?
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the logic, but the article alludes to an existing investor from the area.

Personally, I am skeptical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the horse people behind HITS have $20M lying around and want to follow up with the explosive success of that series. Then they could have their training camps for Ocala and Naples there. I live in Florida and would definitely race there, sparingly, and maybe do a camp there depending on how it compared to alternatives at Clermont. But if you look at the sprint/Olympic tri market between Clermont and Orlando, well, it ain't much. They would have to bank on a lot of folks tying in their Disney vacation with some training or a race there. Maybe have a bicycle rental facility to help out. This might have had a better chance of starting in 2008, but I really don't see the demand for the concept. But then again, I don't have $20M lying around so what do I know?
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
This thing ain't gonna happen. Anyone doing due diligence is going to drill into the projected revenue numbers. $21.5m in revenue expected? That's 20,000 people at $1000 each. Or, 200,000 people at $100 each. Now, maybe there are revenue sources expected beyond camp/race/usage fees, but what would they be? The local community is not going to put up the kind of attendance to meet these revenue expectations. And I struggle to see massive numbers of people traveling to this facility to ride or race on a 14 mile bike course. Call me a pessimist.

Ok, so I got this call right. Now I will split and double down and say that this thing never happens in Orlando either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
This thing ain't gonna happen. Anyone doing due diligence is going to drill into the projected revenue numbers. $21.5m in revenue expected? That's 20,000 people at $1000 each. Or, 200,000 people at $100 each. Now, maybe there are revenue sources expected beyond camp/race/usage fees, but what would they be? The local community is not going to put up the kind of attendance to meet these revenue expectations. And I struggle to see massive numbers of people traveling to this facility to ride or race on a 14 mile bike course. Call me a pessimist.

Ok, so I got this call right. Now I will split and double down and say that this thing never happens in Orlando either.

Orlando already has it. It's called the Great Claremont Triathlon course and the Hilton Garden Inn.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
kny wrote:

Im not going to say it is going to happen but you are missing their biggest revenue sources.
1 - ADS! Yes media revenue. Lifetime fitness gyms makes millions a year on their in club ads for products and services. For a place like this to happen, there would be billboards constantly along the run and bike course. The gym would have ads in them.
2- People would pay to work there. The massage and PT area would most likely be local massage therapists that rent out the space and use as their offices. A local bike mechanic or shop would staff and run the "garage" and split the revenue. Same with Yoga and Pilates instructors, local ones could rent the gym area then bring in their paying customers.
3- Race fees as you mentioned would be a decent source of revenue.
4- People taking a vacation there and paying resort fees would be on the lower end of the reoccurring revenue stream would be my guess.

At least if it were near Disney, you could more easily convince the family to come and while they are off at the theme parks, you could get your training in. In NC, there was not must around for non athletes to do during the day.

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [abbottj123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abbottj123 wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:

Im not going to say it is going to happen but you are missing their biggest revenue sources.
1 - ADS! Yes media revenue. Lifetime fitness gyms makes millions a year on their in club ads for products and services. For a place like this to happen, there would be billboards constantly along the run and bike course. The gym would have ads in them.
2- People would pay to work there. The massage and PT area would most likely be local massage therapists that rent out the space and use as their offices. A local bike mechanic or shop would staff and run the "garage" and split the revenue. Same with Yoga and Pilates instructors, local ones could rent the gym area then bring in their paying customers.
3- Race fees as you mentioned would be a decent source of revenue.
4- People taking a vacation there and paying resort fees would be on the lower end of the reoccurring revenue stream would be my guess.

At least if it were near Disney, you could more easily convince the family to come and while they are off at the theme parks, you could get your training in. In NC, there was not must around for non athletes to do during the day.

You couldn't pay me to go to that facility to train or race in Orlando

Instead I would pay to go train or race in great locations. I went to Orlando when I was a kid, this wouldn't pull me back.

I called this along with Kny and a few others and I don't see it happening in Orlando either. Clermont is there, its cheaper, it has all you need.
Quote Reply

Prev Next