Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TriFest Mt. Lemmon ride...great day
Quote | Reply
The Lemmon ride was awesome this morning. The weather was upper 60's-low70's and overcast. The wind picked up a bit for the downhill ride making it a bit hairy at times. About 100-150 people showed up (my unofficial guesstimation). Met a couple of 'twitchers during the ride and got to talk to a few old friends I hadn't seen in a while. My new Felt felt pretty well dialed in and made my first real shakedown ride feel good. I turned around at windy point with a good sized group. Looked like only a half dozen or so went up further. Had a lot of fun and made the legs hurt a bit too...first off the front then settled into a more sane pace : )
HERE is a little news story from this morning.
Now its time for a little run and then dinner with Dave Scott!
I saw a few camera's out there...someone post a few pics!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: TriFest Mt. Lemmon ride...great day [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really sorry I missed it this year. Had a GREAT time last year but got sick this week and had to back out. Will look forward to seeing some pictures.

Enjoy the dinner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Photos!?!?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriFest Mt. Lemmon ride...great day [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Photos!?!?
should be up shortly.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like fun. I'll be down next week.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I and a few others went all the way to the top and froze our asses off! Awesome ride though! Can't wait to do it again.

Brad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can eat 21 plus a deep-fried turkey!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, You should have went to the top. Nothing like a bunch of people in bike shorts huddling around the little heater in the cafe. It was so cold up there. I went to the General Store and Gift Shop and bought an extra pair of gloves and a Mt. Lemmon sweat shirt to wear on the way done :-) Worked like a charm. You think I would have learned to stop listening to Desert Dude's advice, he told me all I needed was arm warmers.
Quote Reply
Re: TriFest Mt. Lemmon ride...great day [Mr. Bubble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would have been fine...

...last weekend! : )

-

Powered by:
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: TriFest Mt. Lemmon ride...great day [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Photos!?!?
Chris Mooney was the photograpger chronicling the ride. But I know I saw a lot of other cameras and phones out!

Powered by:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to meet you Billy. This was a great ride and a lot of fun.

I went to Palisades, it was much colder/windy than at Windy Pt.

First time I have been cold climbing... I was shivering so bad coming down the bike was hard to control.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You best be back down NEXT wknd too!!!! Posse LOVES Bubbles!!!! :D

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man I can't believe you keep listening to me when I tell you that you only need arm warmers. Dumb ass!

Due diligence, weatherground.com. They even give data for Summerhaven, AZ which is the top of Mt. Lemmon.

I'm not even going to let people know who left Tucson to go back to PHX yesterday afternoon becuase they were "shelled" from the Mt. Lemmon ride.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: TriFest Mt. Lemmon ride...great day [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What you got your dates screwed up???

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: TriFest Mt. Lemmon ride...great day [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to finally meet you last night Brian - briefly as it was:-)

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that and the fact my host ditched me for a girl. So I took my beer and went home!

And what is the website to map out Circk K's in the middle of the desert and showing which is really the last climb on a ride? Should I keep going?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm headed there next week for 5 days. I'm hoping to do Mt Lemmon one of the days. I'm coming from MN, so I'll bring some of my normal riding gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we finally let the next circle k is right up there, 35 miles ahead, rip? What? Did you really take that growler of beer?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People who live in Tucson are not allowed to bitch about the weather while it is snowing/hailing in any part of the country. Especially at my house. Like it is now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: TriFest Mt. Lemmon ride...great day [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sucks to be you because in Maine, it hit 40* today, tropical. I rode outside!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bet your arse I took the growler. no fit = no beer!!!!!! However I did you leave you a pint of Ben&Jerry's and a XBOX so no bitching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See I do not live in Tucson. I live in Phoenix, much warmer than Tucson.

And there was snow at about mile 20 :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
People who live in Tucson are not allowed to bitch about the weather while it is snowing/hailing in any part of the country. Especially at my house. Like it is now.

It was damn cold out this morning when I went out at 7A.M. and ran with Dave Scott and Leanda Cave...must of been down in the low 50's (Brrrrrrr!) : )

-