Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Trevor Foley is impressive
Quote | Reply
I'm really impressed with this kid and his potential to eventually be a threat to win a few championships. He's only in his early 20s if I'm correct and is already starting to climb the rankings and has shown he can go toe to toe with some top athletes in the sport. Assuming he stays healthy and continues to train smart and hard, he should have a good 10-12 year window to get faster and contend. Could we be seeing a future American star in this sport?
Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't be right not to link his YouTube channel now would it?
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I just recently started following him, thanks for sharing this. On another note, I'm heading to Thailand next June for the Laguna Phuket Marathon. I'd love to solicit some travel tips and suggestions, may I PM you sometime?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet he gets a good grounding in social media training with Lionel and speaking to Talbot Cox. Not a criticism just an observation. Winning races and having good social media presence is a recipe for great wealth these days.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crujones#33 wrote:
Yeah I just recently started following him, thanks for sharing this. On another note, I'm heading to Thailand next June for the Laguna Phuket Marathon. I'd love to solicit some travel tips and suggestions, may I PM you sometime?
Sure thing.. I am sure you will love it in Phuket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He seems right in line with Lionel/Sam -- strong bike/run combo, with room to improve on his swim. We'll see what happens in Milwaukee on Friday. He just raced Oregon & Maine so who knows what kind of legs he'll have. The Sanders training & race schedule is intense. He's definitely giving it everything he has. Will be interesting to see how much time he's able to make up on the bike. I think his ceiling has a chance to be higher than Lionel's/Sam's because of his track PBs. But his running off the bike doesn't seem to be at his full potential yet. He has a ton of upside. Rooting for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he's any relation to Mick Foley, I'd be VERY careful if there are tables, chairs, thumbtacks, or barbed wire anywhere nearby

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah he might be carrying some fatigue into Milwaukee but he's also still only in his early 20s. When you're that young and healthy, recovery comes a hell of a lot quicker. I miss those days, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crujones#33 wrote:
Yeah he might be carrying some fatigue into Milwaukee but he's also still only in his early 20s. When you're that young and healthy, recovery comes a hell of a lot quicker. I miss those days, lol.

He was able to cruise on the run at Maine so I think he’ll be good to go.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcpinsonn wrote:
He seems right in line with Lionel/Sam -- strong bike/run combo, with room to improve on his swim. We'll see what happens in Milwaukee on Friday. He just raced Oregon & Maine so who knows what kind of legs he'll have. The Sanders training & race schedule is intense. He's definitely giving it everything he has. Will be interesting to see how much time he's able to make up on the bike. I think his ceiling has a chance to be higher than Lionel's/Sam's because of his track PBs. But his running off the bike doesn't seem to be at his full potential yet. He has a ton of upside. Rooting for him.

in that way i'd say it would be wise for him to not train too much with lionel and sam. rather hook up with some great swimmers, and some triathletes with lots of skill. don't get burned out with overtraining and racing, and instead build smart for the long-term.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We saw what happened to Lionel's last training partner...
Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
We saw what happened to Lionel's last training partner...

...and the one before that...
I feel for the guy as he seems to be having a tough time getting things going.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Aug 1, 23 18:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trevor is a pretty cool dude...This week on tired legs might be a learning experience for sure.

Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy 25th Anniversary of Hell in a Cell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His run is not where it was last year but based on his background, it should come back. The swim is something that will haunt him for his career, very unlikely that he can overcome it. Ridiculous to think he will threaten for championships. That is reserved for a certain pedigree now. He will be a good story in North American races and there is nothing wrong with that. However, hitching his car to the Sanders train is short sighted and may help with short term gains but is not setting an intelligent foundation for the long term.
Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bit harsh to say he will never be competitive due to his swim. He's only 24 and a supreme athlete so there is potential to make big improvements in the water, look at how Magnus has progressed.

He is a beast on the bike despite being quite new to it and having a lot of scope to enhance his position, and his run is on a par with any front pack pro.
Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [TheGOAT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But can Magnus compete in wt (ITU)? So much love for these kids skipping WT ... WT generates long distance champs
Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
But can Magnus compete in wt (ITU)? So much love for these kids skipping WT ... WT generates long distance champs

umm. . .

Quote Reply
Re: Trevor Foley is impressive [TheGOAT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheGOAT wrote:
Bit harsh to say he will never be competitive due to his swim. He's only 24 and a supreme athlete so there is potential to make big improvements in the water, look at how Magnus has progressed.

He is a beast on the bike despite being quite new to it and having a lot of scope to enhance his position, and his run is on a par with any front pack pro.

agree that it's early to write him off. there's still room in long-course for main/second pack swimmers. and for every sanders/long, there's a currie or ditlev who have been able to make their swims good enough to exploit the rest of their talents.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there's a common belief that nothing prepares you for next year's Giro or Tour better than racing last year's Vuelta. at 24 years old, could it be hugely beneficial to train with Sanders/Long and come out the other side beastly strong with a long runway to refine? I could be totally off. But I don't know why you wouldn't soak up that opportunity if you had it.

cock-up before conspiracy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
synthetic wrote:

umm. . .

does not answer the question if he can do the short fast stuff where the swim really matters
Last edited by: synthetic: Aug 2, 23 16:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
synthetic wrote:

umm. . .

does not answer the question if he can do the short fast stuff where the swim really matters

He also doesn't have the leg speed for the 100m at the Olympics!

Who cares if thats not where he races? What kind of nonsense is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

He probably cant. But why does it even matter? He is a long distance triathlete and in Roth he swam front pack. As long as he does that, there wont be a lot of guys who can ride with him.

And the front pack consisted of Bækkegård, Laidlow, Kanute etc. so he did not make the front pack because of lack of good swimmers
Last edited by: Stionx: Aug 2, 23 23:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trevor, for sure, has some major talent even though he always posts #notalent haha. I had the opportunity to interview him for a podcast I started a few weeks ago where he shares a bit about his journey. Check it out!

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/...?si=e11fa8fac3aa46dc

YT: https://www.youtube.com/...SMDNnL-Rikw&t=3s
Quote Reply

Prev Next