Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek speed concept gen 1vs gen2
Quote | Reply
I am about ready to pick up a 2011 generation 1 trek speed concept. I want to get a top tube bento box. Trek lists two separate ones on their website. Does the generation 2 bento box only fit years 2014-2017 like it says on the website? Seems strange to me. I don’t understand why, wouldn’t the bosses on all frames be in the same spot?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek speed concept gen 1vs gen2 [wetri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the newer box, for the newer gen frames, would overlap the cable hole opening on the older gen....not positive though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wetri2 wrote:
I am about ready to pick up a 2011 generation 1 trek speed concept. I want to get a top tube bento box. Trek lists two separate ones on their website. Does the generation 2 bento box only fit years 2014-2017 like it says on the website? Seems strange to me. I don’t understand why, wouldn’t the bosses on all frames be in the same spot?

Regardless of your decision I would really suggest looking for second gen Speed Concept. It is a lot easier to work IMHO. The bosses wouldn't be the same necessarily because the second gen box was built with aerodynamics + design/mechanics/function/manufacturing in mind. Aerodynamics may have changed where they decided to put the bosses given the shape of the box if that makes sense.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wetri2 wrote:

Second gen boxes won't fit the first gen. Also, I agree with Thomas, second gen is the way to go. There is a lot more support for the second gen since it has been in production for a long time so we have parts readily available, but there are some of the quirks worked out from the first gen that were corrected in second gen.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When the guy who works for the company tells you which to buy....buy it lol

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the risk of disagreeing with the person who actually works for Trek...I have both Gen 1 and Gen 2 Speed Concepts and have used the Gen 2 bento box on both models - fits great. Mine are the 9 series (integrated front ends) in XL. Maybe the frame size makes a difference?

I can send you a picture if you’re interested, just send me a PM.

Randy
Quote Reply