Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek Equinox 9 Vs. Cervelo Dual
Quote | Reply
I am going to start tri's this coming summer (after getting burnt out of marathons). I need a bike. After a lot of internet research, I was leaning towards the Cervelo Dual. I went to my LBS and asked a lot of questions (ie what bikes does he offer, which bikes would fit me best, etc.). I asked if the Dual may be a good bike. I was told that the Trek Equinox 9 2004 model would actually be a better bike and it was was currently discounted. He stated it has better components than the Dual or QR's 2004 tequilo (mainly, better components). The guy seemed sincere, but I know almost nothing and just want to be as informed as possible. Thanks for your comments!

PS I was also eying the Felt S22, but he said that Felt is not usually a good fit for someone my size (6 feet 1 inch and 185 pounds).

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by: Geopie: Dec 18, 04 16:25
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Equinox 9 Vs. Cervelo Dual [Geopie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Trek may have better components (not sure) but the Dual frame is second to none. Everyone I know who owns one and Slowman's review of it says that it is as serouis a race bike as anything else. A good frame is what you need to look for. Components can be changed.

I don't know much about the Trek but I feel Trek makes a good product. Get measured and get what fits.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply