Login required to post replies

Travelling to INDIANAPOLIS
Quote | Reply
Any good running paths or trials?

Any good Tri Shops?
Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to INDIANAPOLIS [drackliffe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check out the Monon Greenway trail....it's like 15 miles long and really well done.

i'm moving there in november and i've been on it a few times, goes from center of Indy way north. i think it has its own website too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eagle Creek Park - Trails or road. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when will you be there? I live on the northside by most of the great trails and could show them to you. There is a 12 mile mountain biking loop that is great for running as well called town run trail. Eagle Creek is on the east side of town and has the best trails for running as well as on road 5k, 8k, and 10k loops for running or cycling which are awesome! There is a fee to park there for the day. the monon trail is a typical rail trail and is a very safe place to ride but there are a lot of stops at intersections. Most of the roads are dangerous to ride on unless with a group because there has been NO URBAN PLANNING WHATSOEVER and all of the roads a two lane country roads with ridiculous amounts of traffic and no shoulder.

There are also a bunch of pools. Let me know where you'll be staying and I'll hook you up with the closest one. Two are 50 meters.

you can check out group rides at www.cibaride.org. The broad ripple training ride m-f is awesome!

Looking forward to your visit,
Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to INDIANAPOLIS [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you to everyone for the idea's. Good website for the trials.

dtreeps,

Thank you very much for the offer. I'll be there late Sunday October 23rd to the afternoon of Wednesday October 26th for a Trade Show. I can't remember where we are staying but after I check at work I'll post it here. I'll be there with some coworkers on business and would most likely only be able to run in the early AM, but who knows....

It would be fun to get together with a fellow tri. I've just started getting back into training this summer after a 4 year hiatus. New Triplets will wreck havoc with your training time and energy.

I'll definately get back to you on this thread.

Are there any good tri shops in the area worth finding??

Thanks again,

Dana
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Eagle Creek is on the east side of town"

Actually, it's on the west side of Indy. Fort Ben, another great place to run, is on the east side.

I also live on the North side of Indy, by St. Vincents.

David K
Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to INDIANAPOLIS [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the correction...I've got a bit of a cold and I think it's impairing my thinking.

Dan

do you do any of the ciba rides? where do you swim? I am sure you are a faster runner than I am otherwise running would be great since I'm doing a run focus for the fall.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey dtreeps,

I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency, One Capital Avenue in Indianapolis

Thank you for your offer. Hope we can get together for a quick run or two. I'm still just getting back into shape.

Dana

Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to INDIANAPOLIS [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
madisonbucky, do you know where you're going to be living yet?

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
north side....carmel/fishers/noblesville area....we'll see.

check out Carmel Cycle and Fitness...was in there this weekend, INCREDIBLE shop...very, very impressed.
Quote Reply