Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Transition Change
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if I can get some ideas about the swim to bike change for Oly/Sprint distance. My problem has been getting my top on after I get the wet suit off. I have a desoto sleevless top and I nearly ripped it trying to get it on so the next race it was a little cooler and I tried a regular bike shirt( I thought it might be easier because of the zipper but it wasn't) I wear a desoto bib john for my wet suit so I was hesitant to wear a top during the swim because of drag. I figure if its warm enough and the race allows I could go shirtless. Any other ideas or suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Change [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wear the DeSoto top.

And, some race require a shirt on the bike and run.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Entry fees and travel costs to important race - $500

Six month supply of Gatorade, Powerbars and Gu that you have consumed after an exhausting but meticulously followed training plan - $750

Hot new tri bike - $3,500

Missing your Kona slot by 2 minutes due to a bare top penalty - priceless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go ahead and wear the shirt UNDER your wetsuit. There's not enough drag to slow you down, at least, not as much as the time you waste trying to put a shirt on a wet torso. Or, get the Desoto wetsuit top to put on, too...over the shirt. You can pull that wetsuit top off as you run, it doesn't slow you down a bit.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If for some reason you absolutely can't wear the shirt under the wetsuit, try this:
Coming into transition, dry your torso with a towel.

Continue with the rest of your transition stuff (i.e. putting on socks or shoes, eating, ect...)

Just before you are going to put on your helmet, put on the shirt.

(You shirt should be rolled at this point. To do this, before the race put on the shirt, roll it up to about armpit level. It should look like you've got a jog bra whit a tube running around it. Take it off so that it is now inside out. When putting it on, stick your head through the whole and then stick both arms in the sleeves. After you've done this flip it down so that it is back to being right-side out.

As you are leaving transition simply start unrolling the rolled up prt of the shirt.

I know that sounds like a long process, but it doesn't take more than a couple of seconds and it prevents you from getting stuck in your shirt.

If you are wearing a wetsuit, I'd say just keep the shirt on underneath it. I only use this proceedure when I'm swimming with out a wetsuit. Hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Change [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I had read this post about the shirt before my first triathlon this morning. I'll try it next time.
Quote Reply