Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training in Denver Colorado
Quote | Reply
I'm moving to Denver in late July or early August. I will be working in Englewood and am looking for any insight into the local triathlon training environment.

In particular any good swim coaches that I might be able to hook up with? Especially groups that swim in the early am.

Any advice on key areas to live in terms of being good to access run and bike routes.

Thanks

Seth
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Denver Colorado [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, welcome to Denver. My wife and I made the move last August, and have been blissfully happy ever since. Denver's a great town.

There's a master's group at DU that swims at 5:15 every morning. I don't know how great the coaches are, but the pool is very nice. The cost is about $50/mo for the master's swim program. More if you want a membership to use the Ritchey Center gym or join one of the triathlon programs they have there. Check out http://www.recreation.du.edu/...ber.asp?cat=adultRec.

There are a number of tri clubs in this area. I'd check out the the USAT website for information on local tri clubs.

Wher to live? Hmmm... I think you'll find that there is pretty good access to the multipurpose trail system almost anywhere in Denver. If you want easy access to ride the roads, of course, you'll want to live north or south of Denver proper. Englewood is south of Downtown. Littleton or Highlands Ranch wouldn't be bad for you if you work in Englewood. They are very much suburban communities, but they have quick access to the C470 trail, which will quickly get you to the foothills for some good climbing.

If you want to live in Denver proper, then my favorite area is Washington Park. Old houses and a very cozy neigborhood feel. It's getting pricey, though. Currently, we are renting in Congress Park/Cherry Creek. Also a very nice neighborhood, but very expensive. We got a tremendous deal, or we would never have been able to live here... and I make pretty good money. We are building a house in Stapleton, which is the site of the old Denver airport. It's just east of Downtown, but also has great access to the trails.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Denver Colorado [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Denver. Steve and I keep trying to tell people it is horribly cold and snowy here but you all just keep coming:) Denver has one of the best park systems around and great bike paths too. If you are moving to Englewood then you will also be close to Cherry Creek Reservoir park which is a nice place big to run or ride and is very accessible. I have not hooked up with a tri club myself but there are a number of them here. One of the bigger ones is the BikeSource Multisport club

Of course within a short drive you can be riding/running/hiking in the mountains or foothills of Boulder, Golden etc.
When you say working in Englewood, do you mean the Denver Tech Center? If so, there are many great places to live near that area.
Quote Reply