Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Training analysis Michael Weiss - Season 2018 [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terenzo bozzone’s training is on strava too and is kinda interesting. No massive miles by the look of it and rarely rides 5 hours or more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:

An example though is Bluumenfelt who's on Strava. Most of his runs are about 4:45min/km or up to 5:30/km when he feels fatigued. This guy is running a 1:06 hm in 70.3! The equivalent for an age grouper is way slower obviously........."yeah, I swear this is easy" while running with 150 hr and breathing through the mouth like a horse.

I like this bc it points out that the average Ag athlete runs (and I'd argue rides) too hard/too many intervals to often to really maximize their ability to improve

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Training analysis Michael Weiss - Season 2018 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. But there are also examples of ag who are quite successful with low volume, high quality, so a lot of intervals. I wouldn't be one of them. So yeah.. Still individual. But in general I guess that a lot of ag wouldn't believe how easy really means when it says so in a plan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
How and why should we (age groupers) compare paces with pro swimmers? It's about your personal hr and rpe, of course their paces sound ridiculous to us.
An example though is Bluumenfelt who's on Strava. Most of his runs are about 4:45min/km or up to 5:30/km when he feels fatigued. This guy is running a 1:06 hm in 70.3! The equivalent for an age grouper is way slower obviously, whatever feels REALLY easy, no ego, no cheating like "yeah, I swear this is easy" while running with 150 hr and breathing through the mouth like a horse.
Of course he's doing massive volume though.
What's most important though is finding out works for you personally. I think that pros have this key advantage over age groupers, they have figured out what works for them. For some, like Cameron Wurf, it seems to be lot of intensity. For Bluumenfelt it's rather polarized. For Weiss as well. Probably no silver bullet to be found apart from the fact that it is individual

Not sure why you replied to me when I asked a specific question of ajthomas that only he can answer.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Training analysis Michael Weiss - Season 2018 [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoah.. Rest week might be due pal, chill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
How and why should we (age groupers) compare paces with pro swimmers? It's about your personal hr and rpe, of course their paces sound ridiculous to us.

An example though is Bluumenfelt who's on Strava. Most of his runs are about 4:45min/km or up to 5:30/km when he feels fatigued. This guy is running a 1:06 hm in 70.3! The equivalent for an age grouper is way slower obviously, whatever feels REALLY easy, no ego, no cheating like "yeah, I swear this is easy" while running with 150 hr and breathing through the mouth like a horse.
Of course he's doing massive volume though.

What's most important though is finding out works for you personally. I think that pros have this key advantage over age groupers, they have figured out what works for them. For some, like Cameron Wurf, it seems to be lot of intensity. For Bluumenfelt it's rather polarized. For Weiss as well. Probably no silver bullet to be found apart from the fact that it is individual

Even more interesting that Weiss is doing polarised training but his volume is not massive. 4hrs/week. That's easily within reach for any Ag athlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Training analysis Michael Weiss - Season 2018 [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think it's more than 4hrs/week ;) but yes. It's not really polarized though. The easy side I guess yes but the other side is not just very hard as it would be in a polarized model. There is a lot of comfortable hard, race pace or threshold there it seems
Quote Reply

Prev Next