Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Peaks Coaching
Quote | Reply
Hi there...Has anyone here had success with TrainingPeaks Coach Match service? I've started with the coach they suggested but I am a little disappointed looking at the training program. Wondering if I should give it couple of months, get another coach or look for the new one locally. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Coaching [ak_17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perhaps the interesting question is; what as not meet your expectation so far? what is missing or what did you expected from this?

no clue how training peak matching system works but my suggestion is dont leave the selection process to a program.... call different coaches, talk to them, set your expectation and see what would work for you. There is probably some very good coach near you/locally and could be very helpfull!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Coaching [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This plan differs significantly from what I saw in the past from another coach (he was great, but the price point is not in my budget at this point). The mileage is a lot lower than what I am used to doing and can handle. Too much recovery - I had two weeks in one month which didn't make sense. I only see planned TSS in handful of workouts....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you just write to the coach and ask for some of those adjustement? or is it a case of purchasing a training plan and not it been at the same level as coaching one on one?

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure how TP's does their matching, but I've always gotten my athletes and i found my coach by referral. If you can communicate with the coach freely and tell what you think you're missing, I'd start there. Otherwise, I would interview some coaches and start with referrals from fast/happy athletes.

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Coaching [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect it's Algorithm-based. They send you coach profile and you can email them/have free phone consult. They offer a money back guarantee if you are not happy with your coaching service within the first 30 day. There is also an option of being rematched with another coach. I am still within my 30-day money back period.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Coaching [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done that and some parts of my plan were adjusted and others were left the same. For example, I've communicated that i do not need two recovery days (full day off, do nothing) per week, but yet it's left on my plan the way it is. I don't want to start adding my own mileage - then there is no point of having a coach. I've brought up wanting to see planned tss metrics, it's partially there.
Since I am still within 30 day trial period, I'm considering opting out of it as I am not feeling like it will meet my needs.

I will start talking to other coaches in the area or remotely, as you suggested.
Quote Reply