Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Nate,

I'm currently using a KK Road Machine, Garmin GSC 10 and an ANT+ stick on my iMac. I would love to be able to move the trainer into the living room from time to time to watch TV. How could I do that with my iPhone 5? The Wahoo Fitness Key and the 30pin-lightning adapter? Can I still use the GSC 10 or would I need the Wahoo sensor?

You could use the Wahoo key and a 30 pin adapter with your GSC 10.

The Wahoo Speed/Cad BT/ANT sensor is probably around the same price, and would make it so you wouldn't need to use an adapter at all. If your iMac is newer you'd be able to pair it directly via BT also.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate, is there a spreadsheet for us where we can state the device we have and then see the corresponding devices we need for it to work with TR? I have multiple devices and as I get new ones I'd love to see a spreadsheet so I can order the "right" item from the start. I recognize the list may be long but it clearly would answer a thousand questions you get and save all of us time. Your thoughts? As always, thanks for being such a big help to us.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [TriBoston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBoston wrote:
Nate, is there a spreadsheet for us where we can state the device we have and then see the corresponding devices we need for it to work with TR? I have multiple devices and as I get new ones I'd love to see a spreadsheet so I can order the "right" item from the start. I recognize the list may be long but it clearly would answer a thousand questions you get and save all of us time. Your thoughts? As always, thanks for being such a big help to us.

Here's the best page that shows what works http://www.trainerroad.com/equipment-checker.

We've been talking about how we need to make this stuff more clear. We get tons and tons of device questions. I'm working with our designers now to improve that.

You can always ask me too or e-mail us at support@trainerroad.com. Although I agree, having a central spot that was very clear is what we need!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vancity wrote:
Congrats to the Nate and the guys at TrainerRoad for getting their iOS app launched!

https://itunes.apple.com/...oad/id934224107?mt=8

And it works with Tapiriik too so you can sync to TrainingPeaks, Strava, etc....

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just searched for the App in OZ but seems as though it must only be out in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [harts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're searching on an ipad have you tried searching for iphone only apps. I couldn't find it initially either.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh woe is me. I just swapped from my iphone 5 to Galaxy S5 because the new phone has ANT+ native, where the iphone 5 needs about half a foot of crap plugged in to the bottom of it to work. Only to then discover that my fave software is on iOS and not Android. Oh woe!!

(Backdoor request...).
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [harts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
harts wrote:
Just searched for the App in OZ but seems as though it must only be out in the US.

All sorted. Found it now. Had a blokes look.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried it out tonight with my kickr, so so good!

Can the kickr be moved out of erg mode and into another mode via the app?

Otherwise, such a good app!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So just to confirm (a little slow on the tech stuff) - the website says my trainer is compatible, I have an iPhone 5c with the app downloaded, now all I need to get is a bluetooth speed/ cadence sensor like this, sign up for an account and I'm good to go?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Downloaded the app just to take a look and it won't let me log in- "unexpected error". Website logs in fine.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I'd turned off the auto-renew on my account for the summer so it was inactive. Didn't notice from logging into the dashboard on the website.

Glenda
Last edited by: gmatom: Nov 18, 14 8:40
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [caferacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caferacer wrote:
I tried it out tonight with my kickr, so so good!

Can the kickr be moved out of erg mode and into another mode via the app?

Otherwise, such a good app!

Not yet, that's top on our list after iPad is out.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
So just to confirm (a little slow on the tech stuff) - the website says my trainer is compatible, I have an iPhone 5c with the app downloaded, now all I need to get is a bluetooth speed/ cadence sensor like this, sign up for an account and I'm good to go?

Yes! That's it.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate - love that this is iOS compatible now. Is there a way to perform a spin down calibration using the iOS app paired with Kinetic inRide? The app pairs perfectly but I'm having trouble locating the calibration option. Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [Kujo85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kujo85 wrote:
Hi Nate - love that this is iOS compatible now. Is there a way to perform a spin down calibration using the iOS app paired with Kinetic inRide? The app pairs perfectly but I'm having trouble locating the calibration option. Many thanks.

Calibration isn't in there yet :(. But, you can open the kinetic inRide app and do a calibration, then come back to the TR app and everything will stay paired and work seamlessly.

After iPad is out we're looking to get kickr and inRide calibraiton in there.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey nate
love the app used it this am on my ipad with my kickr.
How do you recommend running the wahoo kicker and tranierroad app so that I can upload or download my data to WKO or training peaks?
Do I need to also open the wahoo app in order to record and if so what type (erg, sim, etc) do I need to leave it on?

thanks
chris

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
hey nate

love the app used it this am on my ipad with my kickr.
How do you recommend running the wahoo kicker and tranierroad app so that I can upload or download my data to WKO or training peaks?
Do I need to also open the wahoo app in order to record and if so what type (erg, sim, etc) do I need to leave it on?

thanks
chris

The workouts will get synced with the website. you can view your workout on the website and download a TCX file to put into WKO and training peaks.

I suspect we'll have full auto sync with your favorite sites this winter, but I'm not sure when.

https://tapiriik.com/ just added sync support with TrainerRoad too. We haven't tried it, but it might solve the issue you for you.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Solid, thanks Nate - That did the trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
chrishutch84 wrote:
So this and this or could I just buy this? Thanks.

Yes, you could just buy the BT speed/cadence sensor. Their new one is BT and ANT+ at the same time, so that's pretty sweet.

The wahoo Tickr HR monitor is also ANT+/BT device.

And yes to the first one, the wahoo dongle and 30 pin to lighting adapter you linked me to were correct.

But to clarify this the Wahoo TICKR HR straps do not act as a bridge at this time. I've seen where you have said it can do it but needs a firmware update. Do you have any update on this?
I think the app looks great. Haven't been able to use it yet since I, like I feel most, am running power through ANT+. Also I have lightening Apple devices. It just doesn't make sense to just buy the adapter plus wahoo key to use the app. I'd rather wait for the TICKR to have the bridge functionality so I get better value out of the equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tucktri wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
chrishutch84 wrote:
So this and this or could I just buy this? Thanks.

Yes, you could just buy the BT speed/cadence sensor. Their new one is BT and ANT+ at the same time, so that's pretty sweet.

The wahoo Tickr HR monitor is also ANT+/BT device.

And yes to the first one, the wahoo dongle and 30 pin to lighting adapter you linked me to were correct.

But to clarify this the Wahoo TICKR HR straps do not act as a bridge at this time. I've seen where you have said it can do it but needs a firmware update. Do you have any update on this?
I think the app looks great. Haven't been able to use it yet since I, like I feel most, am running power through ANT+. Also I have lightening Apple devices. It just doesn't make sense to just buy the adapter plus wahoo key to use the app. I'd rather wait for the TICKR to have the bridge functionality so I get better value out of the equipment.

Making the Tickr or Kickr a bridge is in the hands of Wahoo. The more requests they get the sooner they will do it (I hope). It would mean a lot to us if they were both bridges.

So emailing them or posting on their FB wall if this is something you'd like would be awesome :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

Is anyone going to make a native lightning ant+ dongle at any point? Seems like a no brainer to me but there must be some reason why one hasn't appeared yet.

Anyone with insight?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [JulianM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JulianM wrote:
Agreed.

Is anyone going to make a native lightning ant+ dongle at any point? Seems like a no brainer to me but there must be some reason why one hasn't appeared yet.

Anyone with insight?

That's another thing to ask Wahoo about :). Please email them or post on their FB wall if you want this sort of thing.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.

I won't hold my breath though. Looks like that conversation has been going on since 2012. Maybe we'll get one just as Apple announce their new type of connection!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad iOS App is out [JulianM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JulianM wrote:
Done.

I won't hold my breath though. Looks like that conversation has been going on since 2012. Maybe we'll get one just as Apple announce their new type of connection!
Yeah that was what I was gonna say. Been at least 2 years so if no one has made it now.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't find the training plans in the iOS version. I see the workouts and all can be sorted by their different variables, but I don't see the plans themselves.
Quote Reply

Prev Next