Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainer Workouts - Workout Builders
Quote | Reply
This may get more traction on the normal forum, but I wanted to post here 'first'.

Since trainingpeaks has gone to the newer platform, and i know it has been awhile, there is no way to write interval based workouts. There is, but there is no way to 'build' a workout.

For athletes who use power based trainers, apps, etc. what are you using to write workouts?

OR, how are your athletes doing your prescribed workouts?

If you give an athlete a 90 minute session that has 2x20 intervals at 85-95% ftp with 5 minutes rest between each, how are the completing the session?

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Workouts - Workout Builders [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've found it much easier to just program in their exact numbers or range of numbers for workouts. While this doesn't upload to a device for their smart trainer to adjust automatically... they understand the goal of the workout and can create their intervals on their own.

While I used to create my standard workouts in the workout library in TP... I've actually found just typing in each individuals workouts to be very beneficial in many regards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Last edited by: ddalzell: Jun 6, 16 18:20
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Workouts - Workout Builders [ddalzell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That much I understand, and my 'general' method is the same. I was more asking to the point of 'Hey coach how about you do this for me and program these into a 3rd party app'.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah.. haven't gotten into that yet as it appears you haven't either (since I misunderstood your original post). Will follow this thread though to see how others are doing it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you thinking about apps like Trainer Road?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

This is a bit of an old message, but something that might be useful (which I've mentioned in the general forum in the past) is a text-based workout builder which can then be converted directly to something a program like TrainerRoad or Zwift will understand.

More details can be found here: https://github.com/jhudsy/turboworkoutDSL/

I also put up a web based version of the conversion tool here (which can be used without any software installation): http://www.jhudsy.org/ergdsl/index.html

Nir
Quote Reply