Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Track running PB
Quote | Reply
What is your best time for 1500m on track? I am a high school teacher and one of my kids (17 YO male) is running 4'40"xx regularly. Is that decent?
Last edited by: Pmswanepoel: Aug 15, 19 5:32
Quote Reply
Re: Track running PB [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
What is your best time for 1500m on track? I am a high school teacher and one of my kids (17 YO) is running 4'40"xx regularly. Is that decent?

Well we have 10/11 year old boys running those times. Grace Ping, 13 year old girl, runs a similar pace for 5000m. It's solid, but he'd not going to representing his state or anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Track running PB [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s decent for a high schooler- probably equal to a 5::00 mile. I ran 3:51 while in college. Would be fun to take another crack at it

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming your 17yo is a male. It is decent, but not enough to really advance you out of a regional qualifier. Sounds like good potenial

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our letter time I high school for the 1600 was 4:45 (converts to a ~4:25 in the 1500). To get to state (in the division I ran in Montana) you would have to run at least a 4:30-4:35 (4:11.5-4:16 in the 1500) to get to state in the 1600.

I was a 400/800 guy in high school and just ran the 1600 one time (4:37 so a would’ve been ~4:18 in the 1500)

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4:40 shows some promise if they keep working at it and are able to progress so encourage them. But right now for a 17yo boy a 4:40 won't get them very far.
At 17 I was running between 4:01 and 4:05 for 1500 on the track and by 18 my last year of HS I was running 3:52

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meh.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whatever you do, do not go on Letsrun and post this

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good for a girl. Untrained Male is fine, but he needs to run sub 4 to be competitive on a state level, and sub 3:50 nationally.
I went 4 flat in high school and was only cracking the top 10 in IL. I was 4:42 for 1500 in 7th grade.
Last edited by: Khilgendorf: Aug 15, 19 14:07
Quote Reply
Re: Track running PB [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:

LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 4:40 1500m is way better than him spending his time smoking pot and doing other crap that so many 17yo old dudes do.

Keep him interested and engaged, irrespective of his potential.
Quote Reply
Re: Track running PB [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:

Well, ST isn't much better, TBH.

I don't post often on here but when I do it's not often that people don't get snarky. Oh well. There are those few that don't, so there is that.
Quote Reply