Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Torhans Bento X
Quote | Reply
 

https://www.torhans.com/products/bentox

Anyone know if the SRAM eTap Blip Box will fit under there like the Di2 junction box?

Quote:
Frontal brake and deraileur/di2 integration. Unit will slide over cables for clean and easy fit with front cockpit



2018 Races:
INJURED

Favorite Gear: Dimond Bikes | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why doesn’t this work with Cervelo frames?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Why doesn’t this work with Cervelo frames?

It doesn't??? It's fine with my P2...

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know. Website says to use old one for Cervelo frames
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hans half of TorHans haunts these forums. Perhaps he can chime in if he sees this.


---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
Why doesn’t this work with Cervelo frames?

It doesn't??? It's fine with my P2...

Brent

I had the torhans and yes it fits my P2 but isn't this a new model?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, hence my question....
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will fit but it's wider than the top tube and not nearly as perfect as the original. Apparently it's not as aero

DFW_Tri wrote:
Yes, hence my question....
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
It will fit but it's wider than the top tube and not nearly as perfect as the original. Apparently it's not as aero

DFW_Tri wrote:
Yes, hence my question....

I have the new one on the new P2. It's marginally wider than the top tube (like...mms, maybe 1) and I think I put a new small hole in to match it up with the cable entrance to the top tube. I like the new bento MUCH more than the old one. Easier to get things out of and larger, and I think cooler looking.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great. Anyone know if there's any way of mounting it with velcro tape or something for those of us not lucky (or smart!) enough to have top-tube bosses? I'm happy with my Dark Speed Works, but this just looks much cooler!

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [BungleJapan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy Velcro and try it. It should be strong enough to not come off

Powered by All Out MultiSport - http://www.aomultisport.com/
Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:
It will fit but it's wider than the top tube and not nearly as perfect as the original. Apparently it's not as aero

DFW_Tri wrote:
Yes, hence my question....


I have the new one on the new P2. It's marginally wider than the top tube (like...mms, maybe 1) and I think I put a new small hole in to match it up with the cable entrance to the top tube. I like the new bento MUCH more than the old one. Easier to get things out of and larger, and I think cooler looking.

Brent

Do you think the Blip Box will fit under it like the Di2 junction box?

2018 Races:
INJURED

Favorite Gear: Dimond Bikes | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will work on any frame with top tube boss mounts. If you have a Cervelo with the 3T Aduro stem the Aerobento (not X) is a perfect fit. This one gives you more volume and allows for easier integration.

I'll change the verbiage on the website for clarification.

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the blip box. Email me, I'll send you one. If it works you can pay for it and let everyone know. If not, just send it back.
Hans@torhans.com

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
It will work on any frame with top tube boss mounts. If you have a Cervelo with the 3T Aduro stem the Aerobento (not X) is a perfect fit. This one gives you more volume and allows for easier integration.

I'll change the verbiage on the website for clarification.

Hans


Do you know if either of the Toirhans Bento boxes for the latest model BMC time machines? I have the TM02 and the bosses sit a bit further back on the top tube. I had the Aerobento previously on my old P2 and that was fine. Not sure if the AeroBento or X would be too wide for the BMC? I did buy a Specialised Remora box, but that was way too wide so had to return it.





Last edited by: zedzded: Oct 9, 17 18:57
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
Not sure about the blip box. Email me, I'll send you one. If it works you can pay for it and let everyone know. If not, just send it back.
Hans@torhans.com

Email sent.

2018 Races:
INJURED

Favorite Gear: Dimond Bikes | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone post pictures of it mounted on a new Cervelo P2? Seems like a good setup but want to take a look at it.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [Tri0014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri0014 wrote:
Can someone post pictures of it mounted on a new Cervelo P2? Seems like a good setup but want to take a look at it.

I can take one of an NP3 tonight, if that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
It will work on any frame with top tube boss mounts. If you have a Cervelo with the 3T Aduro stem the Aerobento (not X) is a perfect fit. This one gives you more volume and allows for easier integration.

I'll change the verbiage on the website for clarification.

Hans

So Areobento is better for a p5 (3T stem), but how about the P2/3?

The image's on the BentoX page are a little confusing, it appears to have lips that wrap the stem but on-bike it seems to abut...
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [Tri0014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri0014 wrote:
Can someone post pictures of it mounted on a new Cervelo P2? Seems like a good setup but want to take a look at it.




I did put an extra hole in the base to move it closer to the stem...I really like it. while it isn't perfectly lined up like the original, it is easier to get things into and out of and quite a bit more storage.

Hope this helps!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to be so fussy but any chance you can take a closer pic. I’m trying to understand (pictorially) how much it hangs over the tube
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Sorry to be so fussy but any chance you can take a closer pic. I’m trying to understand (pictorially) how much it hangs over the tube



Excuse the mess...hope this helps.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
It will fit but it's wider than the top tube and not nearly as perfect as the original. Apparently it's not as aero
]

Source for the aero assertion?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does; thanks...
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 10, 17 17:43
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bento X [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the photo. Definitely going to be too wide for my BMC. TBH the top tube on the TM02 seems pretty narrow in comparison to my P2, not really sure why they put the bosses where there did, I can't see many boxes fitting there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next