Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Torhans Aero 30 vs Profile design FC
Quote | Reply
Just wondering which is more Aero? I have both and have fixed the Torhans Splashing problem (really and easy fix)

I bought the Profile FC because I thought it looked more aero, but It leaks bad and the rear tray is useless as nothing will stay in it longer then a mile.

I can get by with either and their shortcomings so I figure just go with the most aero

Any thoughts??

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 vs Profile design FC [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like everything aero, it depends on the person. A friend and I were both at A2 last week with Desertdude. We both ride Felt IA FRDs. He was faster with an FC35 , I was faster with an aero30.

I have an idea of why, but its pure conjecture. On non-felts, I saw the fc35 win more than once.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 vs Profile design FC [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it safe to assume you didn't test the FC with a computer mounted? The mount for the computer on the FC looks to be in a poor spot for aero consideration
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 vs Profile design FC [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't go for Torhans. I have one and I leak every ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Just wondering which is more Aero? I have both and have fixed the Torhans Splashing problem (really and easy fix)

I bought the Profile FC because I thought it looked more aero, but It leaks bad and the rear tray is useless as nothing will stay in it longer then a mile.

I can get by with either and their shortcomings so I figure just go with the most aero

Any thoughts??

I love my FC25 and I I filled the back portion with a moldable plastic and put my computer mount in that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what the weight difference is? The FC looks a little more bulky
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 vs Profile design FC [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The computer mount was left on.
we didnt bother to put a computer on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts as to whay thay reason was? I am trying to decide between the two right now... or if I go fc 25

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 vs Profile design FC [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, from our limited testing, here's what my thought was.

On my bike, I have stem spacers and almost no pad spacers ( I like my hands up a little more when I climb).
On the other bike, he has no stem spacers and 40mm of pad spacers.

I already have the frontal area on my bike, from the stem spacers, so adding to its length helps.
He has no stem spacers, so he's not only "lengthening" the front section of the IA, but he's also adding the frontal area of the bottle (so now he has bottle, + 2 pedestals hitting the wind).

Anyway, thats my conjecture. But haven't tested it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, basedo on that theory, my set up, which is no stem spacers, and only 5mm of pad spacers, I would be closer to your end of 5he spectrometry correct?

- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone done any further testing on this?

Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 vs Profile design FC [2011ironorbea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to unearth a thread on this but how did the moldable plastic work out for you? Do you have a photo of it. I like the bottle but the standard garmin mount is uncomfortable. I like my hands to meet at the the top of the tri bars but it's impossible to do with this and my shoulders feel
Under pressure as a result.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just replaced the rubber grommets on my FC and that fixed the leaking problem. The hard rubber ones that come with it really aren’t good. I moved the straw to the back (closest to me) hole, and the front one, instead of the straw clamp, I took the whole part off and replaced it with a rubber plug. I don’t use that clip for the straw, straw isn’t long enough to reach it anyway.
Quote Reply