Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use...
Quote | Reply
Here's my top 3:

1. LeWedge by Greg Lemond
Corrected my bad pedalling movement which mainly resulted in very painful and numb feet on long rides as I used to pedal on the outside of my feet. Now I pedal uniformly....amazingly simple yet effective product!

2. Saddleco Flow Ti seat
It works for me....I have tested and bought dozens of seats and this is the only one kind to parts God did not intend you to sit or apply force too, especially on aerobars position. Not recommended for heavy riders though....

3. Rotors RS4X (could well rise to higher spots as had the system only weeks!)
Stay tuned for this but it's looking great so far.....so much so I could be replacing the highly-rated Dura Ace 2004 10-speed crank for the RS4X!!!!!

4. USE Ring-Go-Star (recommended for carbon steerers)
If you have a carbon steerer fork then you can do away with the bung inside the fork and place this as you would a spacer....you tighten a little screw up to 6 turns and voila....no more loose headsets...the bane of my life until now. Amazingly effective and simple design! Brilliant.

5. Shimano pedals - the new Dura Ace, Ultegra etc pedals are slim, light and attractive plus the cleats are excellent....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Last edited by: sperera: Dec 1, 04 6:42
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Chamois Butt'r
2. Izumi Track Chain
3. Rocket7 shoes
4. skim milk as recovery drink
5. Craft S3 Base Later

I wouldn't remove the "stuff" inside your carbon steerer tube. That plug is not just for headset adjustment, it also reinforces the inside of that fragile steerer tube and prevents the stem from crushing it. Running the inside hollow is a big no-no unless you are using a Time Avant Stiff+ fork. Please consult your fork's owners manual, but Easton, Reynolds, Alpha Q, etc folks would be freaked out to hear there is nothing in your fork where the stem is.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top 5 or top 3...which is it :D. Just kidding.

Never heard of the ring-go-star. I'll agree on the pedals though.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano Dura-Ace 10 Speed.

FSA Compact Cranks.

Shimano Dura-Ace SPD SL pedals.

Visiontech aerobars.

Any Cervelo frame.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, the ring go star is an internal reinforcement for the steer tube. So the fork does have the crush barrier.

Schmolke makes something similar, but they have you tighten everything up with the bung, then you replace the bung with their carpet, er, um carbon fibre piece, which acts as the internal reinforcement. I think the Schmolke one is a LOT more expensive than the USE Ring go star.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Sweet Wings cranks/BB. Yes, they aren't made anymore, but I still don't think anything out there is lighter, with the exception of the CAT carbon cranks (made by the people who brought you the Cheetah).

2) Bartols system. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole on a road race bike, but in a TT or tri with little shifting, it's bloody brilliant. It fits into the bunnyman philosophy of mechanical simplicity is best.

3) Chris King Nothreadset. The simply best headset ever, and it comes in really cool colours.

4) Anything made by White Industries. Hubs are lovely, their BBs were simple and elegant, and I even know someone who has their headset cup press- damn! What a sublime piece of machine work!!!!

5) Leather hairnet. I used to ride with one of these things, and it did keep your hair out of your face on a long bike ride. Oh, it was supposed to be a helmet?!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Body Glide
SRAM Masterlink
Hammer Gel
Meguir's Quick Detailer Spray
White Lightning (though I know this will generate responses from detractors)

Probably Body Glide and the Masterlink are the two most bulletproof "it works" answer I can come up with. The other three were just to round out the list to five.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great feedback....but can we put what they are beside the names as some things I don't recognise as I'm European.....well, on the US products at least!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meguir's Quick Detailer Spray
------------------------------------------------------
Hadn't heard of this. I know the Meguir's line what does this do?

Never mind I googled it.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Last edited by: Jim: Dec 1, 04 7:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomson Elite seat post - best ever.
Fizik Arione Saddle
FSA Carbon Superlight or Compact cranks
Shimano Pedals
QR Mr. Flitie
Syntace C2 Clips
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [HRH bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bartols system? What is that? I feel kinda dumb for not knowing what that is.....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In no particular order:
  • Integrated shifters
  • Clipless Pedals
  • Aerobars
  • Quick-release skewers
  • High Performance wheels

Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

If you google tiso and bartol you should find it. It is a automatic front derailleur system. Basically a special set of front chainrings. They have ramps and pins cut so that when the chainline gets to a certain angle the chain moves from one chainring to the other. You no longer have a front shifter or derailler, or the ability to shift when you want.

Styrrell

PS if you want a guinea pig I'll be the test mule if you supply the parts, of course if it doesn't work I'll feel like an ass ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • Integrated shifters
  • Clipless Pedals
  • Aerobars
  • Quick-release skewers
  • High Performance wheels

coming from someone who experieinced its use once, I'd put a helmet on this list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are my faves....

1) Speedplay pedals and cleats

My knees used to bug me all the time with the Look system. No pain, mind you, but it still always felt constricting. With Speedplays, that sensation is gone. I will never use anything else.

2) Finish Line chain cleaner

Just slap it on your bike, spin the cranks, and TADAAA! Love it.

3) White Lightning chain cleaning fluid.

To be used with aforementioned cleaner. Cuts through everything to give you a chain that sparkles. Blind the competition with the brilliance of your chain.

4) 8th (7th?) Continent Chocolate Soy Milk (light)

OMG! This sh-- tastes better than regular chocolate milk. I kid you not. Perfect for recovery drink or jsut taking a swig when you walk by the fridge.

5) Profile adjustable (longitudinally) aerobars. (can't remember the model name)

Perfect for penny pinchers like me who refuse to buy an aero bike when I already have a perfectly good road bike. I make them nice and short so I don't get too streched out. Did an IM distance race with them on my road bike with absolutely no back discomfort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedplay zero pedals...

Fizik Airone Saddle...

FSA compact cranks...

Cliff Shots and Lava Gel...

SIDI Shoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. GIANT Tempo exercise bike: With a 3 year old child to look after, I can get in my hard rides indoors with this fully-adjustable lifesaver.
2. Sidi Ergo 1 Road shoes: Quite simply the best fitting cycling shoes I've ever used.
3. Cervelo P2K: Simplicity, elegance and speed in one bike.
4. Bib Shorts: Say goodbye to saddle sores and hello comfort.
5. Dura-Ace Pedals: Light, thin, long-lasting cleats, and they don't ever squeek.

~AB~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Computrainer;
2. Power Tap;
3. Zipp and/or HED wheels, including disks;
4. The triathlon wetsuit; (gets you on the bike sooner)
5. Clipless pedals.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Last edited by: Robert: Dec 1, 04 9:24
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"coming from someone who experieinced its use once, I'd put a helmet on this list."

Good point, I'll take a helmet any day.
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [gottabekidding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedplay pedals - easy to engage & disengage and gobs of knee-saving float

Any fluid trainer - if you live in a cold climate, nothing works better to make you a stronger rider.

Clif Bars & Shots - potent & yummy

Smith Slider glasses - intechangeable lenses are a god-send when commuting/riding in all weather.

UST mountain bike tires - please let them start mass-marketing UST road versions soon...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • EPO
  • Steroids
  • Blood Transfusion
  • Nandrolone
  • Efhedrine (sp?)

Now the things that "it definitely works and are allowed" hehe
  • Hypoxic Tent
  • S720i
  • Bodyboard sleeved shirt (does wonders with cold weather)
  • Shimano TR-01 shoes
  • De Soto Tri-Shorts

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Polar HRM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Build a better engine

2. Build a better engine

3. Build a better engine

4. Build a better engine

5. Build a better engine
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried the elliptical chainrings that Julich used at the Olympic TT? "Osymetric" is the name.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next