Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Too late to switch bikes?
Quote | Reply
I've been doing all of my training on my triathlon bike for IM AZ in 3.5 weeks...I've developed some comfort issues that lead me to believe I may be more comfortable on my road bike. In your opinion, is it too late to change bikes & set up my road bike in John Cobb's "slam" position?
Quote Reply
Re: Too late to switch bikes? [HowardIno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you should try the road bike this weekend and see how it goes. I am not sure if changing will cause too many problems although you have been training your legs to ride at a different seat angle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never done, nor will probably ever do an Ironman....

.....but it seems so obvious to me....given that you're commenting on comfort.......that the road bike will be more comfortable. No question about it.

I would use the road bike and add some clip-on bars. Adjust your stem to get the bars back....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Too late to switch bikes? [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your replies, and switching bikes for comfort reasons seems the obvious answer...but as ehan has pointed out, my concern is with the use of the different muscles on the more slack seat angle. Assuming I could "get past" the comfort issues, do you think, since I've done all of my training to date on the tri bike that it would have a negative impact on my ride to switch this late?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would determine the cause of your discomfort on your tri bike and fix it. I wouldn't want to change anything 3 weeks before an Ironman, especially going from a steep angle tri bike to a very slack angle slam position bike.
Quote Reply