Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tom Demerly - Arione Carbon?
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Just wondering if you have tried this saddle yet. I know that you are a committed arione user and am wondering if the carbon is that much better than the standard arione to warrant the extra cash.

cheers

Geoff
Quote Reply
Re: Tom Demerly - Arione Carbon? [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geoff

I've never ridden the Arione carbon, but I have ridden both the carbon and ti Aliante. I'd tell you to save your cash. I can't tell a difference.

Also, when I crashed this summer I snapped both rails on my carbon Aliante. Maybe the ti rails would have broken too, I have no idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

=====================================
It's ALL about the bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BIG price jump up to the carbon...

If you are going for cool factor, go for it.

It has a slightly softer feel - base flexes a little in the center

It's also a little lighter if your a gram freak.

We have sold 4-5 of them....I have one and like it.

Would I have paid retail $269-$300 for it......Prob. not !

*Note--- I also have the standard Arione and Arione Tri on 4 of my other bikes.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by: king1: Dec 16, 04 6:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I just saw a photo of it in Velo News. Hmmmm. $265? I don't know about that.... I would really have to see a lot of improvement over the previous version(s) to justify that. The original works so well... For a hundred dollars less.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tom Demerly - Arione Carbon? [asd99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Asd99,

thanks for the input but the carbon/reg difference is not the same with the Aliante and the Arione. The shell on both versions of the Aliante is the same. with just the rails that are different. With the arione the rails are Ti on both but the shell on the carbon version has the construction like the aliante with the carbon fibre in the shell, whereas the regular arione's shell is all plastic.

As a later poster described, I gathered that the arione carbon might be a little more plush with the carbon in the shell.

thanks all for the feedback.
Quote Reply