Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Today is my last day of work until August!
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, the reward of being a teacher.

Not that! The time off!

Time to have fun at Honu 70.3, BSLT 70.3, visit my father-in-law in Rhode Island, spending time with my 16 mo daughter and beautiful wife, painting the house, landscaping, little use of alarm clocks, flip flops, shorts, not ironing, grilling...basically whatever I want. :-P
Quote Reply
Re: Today is my last day of work until August! [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me be the first to tell you to go f%^& yourself! :-)

Have a good summer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Already beat you to it, dude. I've been off work since May 2 and I don't go back until the last week of August. Ah, the joys of being a university professor . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Today is my last day of work until August! [imatopos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm right there with the two of you,....And the only attire change i get to make while not in school is flip-flops (PE teacher....i wear shorts and t-shirts all year long)

three top reasons for being a teacher...1.June 2.July 3.Aug

yea for teaching!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Today is my last day of work until August! [atc1135] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats, now get out there and train!

Re: Today is my last day of work until August! [Jon499] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Let me be the first to tell you to go f%^& yourself! :-)

Have a good summer.[/reply]

I showed this thread to my advisor and she had this same reaction! "It's tough being a researcher disguised as a professor" was her sentiment.

"Schoooooooooool is out for SUMMER! Schooooooooooool is out FOREVER!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ten more school days...ten more school days...ten more school days...

And then I'm giving up teaching and going back to school, which starts two days before my last day of teaching. I really like a lot of my students and I really like teaching, but I really dislike a few of the students and they're a large reason for a career change. Right now we're doing End of Grade Testing, which gives me too much time on Slowtwitch. Then it's just two more weeks...

I know I'm going to miss having my summers off!

Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Today is my last day of work until August! [imatopos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking that (professor) might be my next profession. I just finished my second year teaching 6th grade math.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't envy you, I'll take a break until August too... life's hard :-p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oooo have fun. I'm currently enjoying time off between college ending and my summer job (day camp counselor) starting.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See you in Kona in a few days!

Quote | Reply
I have 3 more weeks left and then I'm off to Bozeman, Montana for 6 weeks and San Francisco for 2. 10 months of agony for 2 months of glory for us teachers...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! Bro,
Ride to Sun Spot! The Cloudcroft road is purdy. Stop at the Lodge at Cloudcroft and drink the water out of the tap. Last time I was there, at least, it was unbelievable--a beverage. Better even than the Mammoth tap water.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hail Bismark for being the guiding light of the government takeover of schooling in America. On reflection I actually would rather fund a summer vacation than the endless wars and other evil that I am robbed to pay for.

I have taken a couple years off a couple times. But it was called unemployment. :-p
Quote Reply
Re: Today is my last day of work until August! [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Ten more school days...ten more school days...ten more school days...

And then I'm giving up teaching and going back to school, which starts two days before my last day of teaching. I really like a lot of my students and I really like teaching, but I really dislike a few of the students and they're a large reason for a career change. Right now we're doing End of Grade Testing, which gives me too much time on Slowtwitch. Then it's just two more weeks...

I know I'm going to miss having my summers off!

Adam[/reply]

Dude, do not do it. Living life requires that your are buried in some shit and going back to school will only bury you more. I taught in the ghetto and quit because things were going to be better in the corporate world. Very, very wrong move and I'm back to summers off. I thought the grass would be greener on the other side and as it turns out it only contained meaner monsters. I also hit culture shock with only 2 weeks vacation, which had to be used to visit family...which in my case is not always a vacation. Has anybody in here every done the 8 weeks on, 3 weeks off year round gig? I may give that a stab next school year. Only downfall is I start July 11. Let me know.
Quote Reply