Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by cestmoi
Re: To all the single slowtwitchers out there: [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
or much younger than me.

Rob the cradle? Problem solved :)

"A wise man once told me......God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
much younger than me

Any club members with active single parents?

http://tricook.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would you want to meet another triathlete...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heres your fix http://www.fitness-singles.com/

tried it maaaaany years ago, if its as good as then you should be finding lots of dates... :-)

My site: http://www.idpoet.me

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
but it seems everyone is married or much younger than me.

If she has maturity this is called 'missed opportunity' dude. I'm dating a woman 10 years younger and it's just outstanding on all fronts, BUT she is also quite mature. It's not easy finding a gal who will want to keep up with all the things I do, but she tags along like a crazy woman it's killer! Don't dismiss it is my 2 cents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the few things I don't like about triathlons is that it's not as social as team sports. Even if you're not looking to date, team sports are a great way to make new friends and meeting interesting people.

And I'm with tigerpaws, but I say don't stop at 10 years. :D
Last edited by: matto: Oct 31, 11 15:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Age divided by two plus four is the ideal age for a male's female companion.

That is what I am told anyway.

Love you honey.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Re: To all the single slowtwitchers out there: [Logan D Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Logan D Dog wrote:
Age divided by two plus four is the ideal age for a male's female companion.

Well, the XKCD standard creepiness rule is plus 7, not four. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/...elationship-rule.svg

Quote:
Love you honey.

I hope you're not 20 years old.
Last edited by: matto: Oct 31, 11 15:12
Quote Reply
Re: To all the single slowtwitchers out there: [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the rule. I've always followed it-made me very popular when I was in kindergarten.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by cestmoi [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depends on where you live...
Im sure if you post at least your state, in here, you might get a few winks ;-) ;-)

just saying...

--------------------------------------------------

Triathlon was started by a bunch of kids at the swimming hole, who heard the ice cream man. They swam to their bikes, chased down the truck, jumped off their bikes, and ran to be first in line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man. I've been married too long. I was 28 when I first heard the +4. Worked OK for me then.

I feel I need to add that the +4 may add creepyness but may help the "trainability factor".

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wear a tight white top?
Quote Reply
Re: To all the single slowtwitchers out there: [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmcmaster11 wrote:
wear a tight white top?

I don't get it. is cestmoi a girl?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
bmcmaster11 wrote:
wear a tight white top?

She stated that in a few posts above.
Quote Reply
Re: To all the single slowtwitchers out there: [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmcmaster11 wrote:

She stated that in a few posts above.

Oh snap. Missed that.

cestmoi wrote:
I don't know how often it is that a 29 yr old male to asks a 39 yr old female out....

Where do you live? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My best advice would be to make Kona your vacation trip next year, whether your racing or just spectating it is a prime spot to find single triathletes ;) Lets just say I met more girls there that were actually interested in me than I have in my stay over here in Korea. I guess it would help if I actually went out and hit up the bar scene, but when you have a full time job, part time student and training for IM, there isn't really much time left for the bar scene. Maybe do an occasional group ride with other near by towns to try and meet new people?

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: To all the single slowtwitchers out there: [Logan D Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This one was yours, right?

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi = It's me! translate from french...

Places to met: Master swim club, spin classes, running club... Training Camp (This the place where I first spoke to my wife)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
I realized I could be getting a lot of not-serious responses...this is ST. :) :) I have to clear the board and remove the the assumption some have made that I'm a guy, so if you might have any ideas for a lady athlete....those would be most appreciated. Yes, I'm fully aware that it is quite common for men to 'rob the cradle'...and its generally accepted. I don't know how often it is that a 29 yr old male to asks a 39 yr old female out....but I don't see it much, which is why I'm hoping I can get some new ideas on here. THANKS!!!

I'm married for 30 years now.

Back in the day, before getting married, I was a pro skier. I was young, so going much younger was not really an option. Anyway, I preferred women who knew what they were doing so to speak. The only limit I had was brought into play when I found out that a yummy woman I had been dating for about a month and I thought was about 30, was actually 42, and importantly, a year older than my mother! She was fantastic in soooo many ways, but I just couldn't get past the older than my mum part. That creeped me out and I ended the relationship. Great while it lasted tho. At 19, I dated (OK, one night stands generally, I was a ski pro afterall!!) plenty of women from 25 to 35 and found them all to be great in a variety of ways

If I were you, I wouldn't get hung up on age difference (unless it's a huge gap) and focus more on simply connecting with another really cool and interesting person. If it's right, it will be right, regardless of a few years age difference. My one key indicator was always music. If they liked the same kind of music as me (generally) then they would probably be a pretty good match.

Good luck and happy hunting. Enjoy the journey and don't give up after a few mistakes, just keep plugging away. Life and relationships are endurance events! :-) and of course, every long term relationship starts with a short term relationship.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
bmcmaster11 wrote:
wear a tight white top?

I suspect she is more likely a woman than a girl :-) but she can let us know for sure.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: To all the single slowtwitchers out there: [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"A wise man once told me......God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand you wanting the 30-40 rage, I'm a 25 year old guy so I'll take the 18-30 range!
Quote Reply
Re: To all the single slowtwitchers out there: [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont get it... is TriDork a girl?

haha.. If you didnt state that you were married, I couldve sworn you were making a move!

I think we scared her away anyways... back to the sausage fest

--------------------------------------------------

Triathlon was started by a bunch of kids at the swimming hole, who heard the ice cream man. They swam to their bikes, chased down the truck, jumped off their bikes, and ran to be first in line.
Quote Reply

Prev Next