Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Titanflex beam bikes?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone happen to own one of these bikes. I've narrowed my bike choices to Titanflex, Aegis, Calfee, and the Ti bikes like QR and Litespeed. I am looking for comfort with little or no power loss, and have ruled out Al bikes due to harshness (I tried a Felt, it was too harsh, fast, but not a long course bike IMHO) I'd love to hear any experiences you may have had if you own any of the above, with regard to long course Tri's.

Thanks,

hashde
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex beam bikes? [hashde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan did a review of these a while back. It is on this site with the other bike reviews. They look nice, especially the Terminator edition that is available now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done a 40-mile ride on a titanflex. It rode like a dream. It was awfully hard to resist buying a new bike right then and there.

I've got a half dozen tri-club mates and friends with those bikes (they're more popular around here since the company is in town), and every person just loves the hell out of it. Nothing buy positive reviews. One guy I know has two, one set up for road and one for tri. He was #1 amateur at IMC and Wildflower a few years back on his titanflex.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex beam bikes? [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've done a 40-mile ride on a titanflex. It rode like a dream. It was awfully hard to resist buying a new bike right then and there.

I've got a half dozen tri-club mates and friends with those bikes (they're more popular around here since the company is in town), and every person just loves the hell out of it. Nothing buy positive reviews. One guy I know has two, one set up for road and one for tri. He was #1 amateur at IMC and Wildflower a few years back on his titanflex.

Have they had any comments about the purchase/ownership experience? How about getting the geometry right? I'm headed in for a Serotta advanced fitting session at City Cycles in SF so I know what my measurements/geometry should be, have any of those people mentioned if it was difficult? Do you know if they are durable, I know a few people who have broken Softrides, and I'm hoping it is not an issue with Titanflex. Are any of the people you mentioned bigger, I'm 200-240 depending on the time of year.

Thanks,

hashde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought one of the "retired" Titanflex demo fleet bikes at a nice discount. I also upgraded the hadlebars to the Oval one piece aluminum bars with Tektro aero brake levers. Tom Piskin the bike's designer is a really nice guy. I bombarded him with email questions, many of which were not Titanflex related. He answered most of them the same day or the next, no matter how trivial. Tom is very willing to set you up with whatever components you like. What I really like is that this bike has 4 different beam stiffnesses, ranging from "too soft" to "too stiff" (up to 265 lbs). Dan Empfield wrote in his review that Tom has a "passion" for this project. Now I understand what Dan meant.

I'm getting my Titanflex either late this week or early next. I can't wait. Now, if only the weather will cooperate, I can put some crazy miles on it.

For those who aren't familiar with this bike check out their website. http://www.ttinet.com/tf/

I'm just a regular MOPer who fell in love with this bike. Sorry if I sound so biased.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Last edited by: E-Z: Feb 23, 03 10:42
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex beam bikes? [E-Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a Titanflex for about a year. I love it!
I don't race but the bike is wonderful to just ride.
I like the ability to adjust the geometry and the beam suspension is great for my back.
I second the opinion that Tom Piskin is a joy to deal with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In reply to:

Have they had any comments about the purchase/ownership experience? How about getting the geometry right? I'm headed in for a Serotta advanced fitting session at City Cycles in SF so I know what my measurements/geometry should be, have any of those people mentioned if it was difficult? Do you know if they are durable, I know a few people who have broken Softrides, and I'm hoping it is not an issue with Titanflex. Are any of the people you mentioned bigger, I'm 200-240 depending on the time of year.
>>>>>>>>>>>

One of my friends goes about 225 lbs and does an IM every year plus tons of regular riding; his Titanflex is about 5 years old. As for geometry -- there is probably no bike more adaptable to various geometries than a beam bike. The one I rode was set up in a steep angle; I could easily see how to convert that same bike to standard road geometry.
Quote Reply