Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Titanflex - which frame? - non-beam bike geometry experts can help too
Quote | Reply
So I have been looking long and hard at the Titanflex products and have talked with Tom a number of times about his product. I was looking at the geometries of the two frames that he makes and it appears that the Transition frame can be set up in more of a traditional tri geometry (TT length, front-center, and the like) than the Veteran. I have also read some posts about twitchiness of the Veteran at steep angles. I was hoping for some feedback from those that have ridden either frame.
Last edited by: switchtotri: Apr 1, 07 6:22
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex - which frame? [switchtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The geometries can be found at www.titanflex-usa.com. Go under Technology tab, click on Fit, and then click on Frame Geometries. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflex owners would be good, but please anyone that knows tri bike geometry better than me, which is probably most of the people here, can reply. I tried to compare the geometries to QR and Felt, but just don't know how much difference there needs to be in order for their to be a tangible handling difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex - which frame? - non-beam bike geometry experts can help too [switchtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about the V 650M? Shorter chainstay than the Transition, longer wheel base, longer front-center and slightly shallower head tube angle. Sounds interesting. Monty's tri bike is a 650, I think. So was Jurgen Zach's, I think.???

I am NOT a geometry expert in ANY WAY.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex - which frame? - non-beam bike geometry experts can help too [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I was looking at that, but was curious and wondering about the longer TT at each given seat tube angle. I will ask the owner of Titanflex about that possibility next time I talk to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I am an owner, but since I got it late fall, I have not had it on the road. The setup has been a concern for me, and need to drive into Dearborn to see an expert, but Life has gotten a bit in the way.

So I can't really help, Though Tom D has set up at least on other person on a Titanflex so he might have some general comments.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex - which frame? - non-beam bike geometry experts can help too [switchtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Veteran that I bought going on 3yr ago. Had a Trek Hilo 1000 prior. As for handling, the TitanFlex is smooth and not the least bit twitchy. I rode it last year at IMMOO in the rain and when the course was dry and didn't have to touch the brakes except on the sharpest corners. Tom D's shop assembled my TitanFlex and did the fitting for me at a very reasonable cost. All of that said, it is the most comfortable bike I have ever been on. The chip coated roads are a pain in the butt for my riding buddies, but I just smile and tell them they could have bought a TitanFlex and not notice it. As for the technical questions, you will have to get someone else to provide those. All I know is that with the setup I have I can run more comfortably off of the bike at any distance.

Now if I could bike and run like I swim!

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply