Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Titanflex....how much more comfortable??
Quote | Reply
I am getting back on the bike after a couple months recuperating from a little back sprain. Although I have added a stretching/strenghtening routine and am being *really* careful w/ my back, I am wondering if a Titanflex might be a nice addition. Maybe I am just looking for an excuse to get a new bike.
Currently I ride a Kestrel 500sci 600c for triathlon. Also have a Cervelo Soloist Team, but only used for road riding thus far.
One caveat: I did ride a Softride Qualifier at IMH in 2003, but sold it after that race. I didn't like the extra weight, the *bounce*, nor the design. I am thinking the Titanflex is a much simpler design and might be a decent ride.
Thoughts?

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex....how much more comfortable?? [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Softie TT7, it has a much stiffer beam than the qualifier. From a few conversations with Titanflex folks at races and the posts, they are great and much simpler than my softie. Any beam bike would be nicer to your back.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you didn't like the "bounce" on your Softride the Titanflex will be no different. The "bounce" is the result of a non-circular pedal stroke, not the material or design of the beam. My back is a mess. I have a Softride TT7 that I use for time trialing. It is quite an improvement over my steel frame road bike and is especially noticeable when using a disc wheel. I don't feel the "rumble" in my butt. Titanflex should provide the same benefits and the design is much simpler.

Azby
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should do a search of posts on Titanflex on this site. It is all in there and I believe it is 100% positive.

It helps me quite a bit.

If you are 23 year old, five hour IM bike split stud, maybe not so much. For mere mortals, great bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had my TitanFlex for about a year now and am still amazed at how comfortable it is over my old DD. I know that I am faster running off of the bike than before. I don't have any back problems, but I turn 50 this summer so I ain't no spring chicken. Make sure you get a good fit. The only real issue on the fit is the seat angle once you load the boom. As for bouncing, there are different levels of booms. At 150# I took the softest and love it when people talk about the rough roads, but I never feel any bounce other than the bumps.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply