Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TitanFlex beams
Quote | Reply
Sorry to repeat my question, but things get lost in the traffic. Can anyone measure and tell me the wall thickness of their TitanFlex beam? It you know which model of beam you have that would help to.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: TitanFlex beams [rlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't measured the beam wall, but I can tell you that I have a vanilla beam and I weigh about 165. I had the next firmer beam when I bought the bike, but swapped to the softer beam shortly thereafter. Even the softest beam is quite stiff compared to my softride rocket. If in doubt, have Tom send you two beams and send him back the one you dont want.
Quote Reply
Re: TitanFlex beams [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I haven't measured the beam wall, but I can tell you that I have a vanilla beam and I weigh about 165. I had the next firmer beam when I bought the bike, but swapped to the softer beam shortly thereafter. Even the softest beam is quite stiff compared to my softride rocket. If in doubt, have Tom send you two beams and send him back the one you dont want.

Actually I am interested in having the wall thickness measurement. I ride softrides and do not own A TF. Therefore, I don't believe Tom would be interested in sending me a beam. If you can help me out that would be great.

Thanks
Last edited by: rlong: Mar 14, 05 15:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what you're trying to do with the boom, but, buying a piece of titanium tubing shouldn't be too hard. Getting a seat tube clamp welded to it may be another trick altogether, but, it ain't rocket science...just need the right equipment.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: TitanFlex beams [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't know what you're trying to do with the boom, but, buying a piece of titanium tubing shouldn't be too hard. Getting a seat tube clamp welded to it may be another trick altogether, but, it ain't rocket science...just need the right equipment.
You're right that getting the tubing is easy, but getting the right thickness that flexes enough, but not too much, is strong enough to last years and years, that's the trick. And it might as well be rocket science, unless you like to bend and break things. Yes, you can get great looking mitering and welding as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but getting the right thickness that flexes enough, but not too much, is strong enough to last years and years, that's the trick

Don't Titanium tubing manufacturers have a table with all this information? I think Easton has a table like this for their various aluminum tubing products. Anyway, good luck in your search, I hope you find what you're looking for!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: TitanFlex beams [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
but getting the right thickness that flexes enough, but not too much, is strong enough to last years and years, that's the trick

Don't Titanium tubing manufacturers have a table with all this information? I think Easton has a table like this for their various aluminum tubing products. Anyway, good luck in your search, I hope you find what you're looking for!
Oh! I didn't know that was possible, I mean that they provided such information. Thanks for that I will check it out.
Quote Reply