Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tire Paranoia
Quote | Reply
How often do you replace tires? I have never had a flat in the dozen or so races I've done so I figure I'm overdue. My first HIM is coming up in a week and I don't want that to be the one. I replaced the tires last summer and and they look ok. Maybe it is worth replacing them just for peace of mind...
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Paranoia [trimiketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if there is a big cut in a race tire - its gone
if there are lots of little cuts in a race tire - its gone
if its starting to feel paper thin or looks flat in the middle - gone
if it has any kind of wear indicator indicating it is done - its gone

mileage/time can be so drastically different, front to rear, rider to rider, depending on road surfaces and weight.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
replace them

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You only race on them? How many miles have you put on them in those races? No reason to replace tires with only 500-1000 miles on them. 2k-3k then look at replacing them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worry more about that creak in your bottom bracket... Your whole frame is about to be junk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimiketri wrote:
I have never had a flat in the dozen or so races I've done so I figure I'm overdue

I hate you. ;)

I had two flats within the first 3 miles at Honu this year. Really. Both times tech support happened to be right there (different vans going opposite directions). I had new tires for the race. But I have to say I'm also the ONLY one I know who had this problem.

I'd get new tires for the race.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply