Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timing firm to sue L.A. Triathlon promote
Quote | Reply
http://www.insidetriathlon.com/news/fea/1428.0.html

What do you think of AA Sports Ltd tactics in regards to sending an email (to probably 1000s of triathletes) about their dispute with Pacific Sports, LLC?
Quote Reply
Re: Timing firm to sue L.A. Triathlon promote [jng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i spoke to the timing company's president about this. if she'd sent the email out to the athletes, i'd have written the mother of all OpEds and published it on slowtwitch. but i wanted to do my homework first, and that was my intent in calling her.

she said she sent the email to about 50 people, the same 50 that (apparently) got an email from caress apprising the sponsors, etc., that there was to be a change in timing companies. i guess i'm OK with that.

as long as this sort of stuff stays inside the realm of those who have a legitimate business interest, i've got no problem with the email. when any of this bleeds out to the end user, that's when i have a big problem, and that makes me want to react. that doesn't seem to be the case, tho, in this present issue.

i have no idea who is the party with right on their side. fortunately there are remedies available for all involved. i would'v thought that IT could've found something more apropos to write about.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Timing firm to sue L.A. Triathlon promote [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan:

I was an athlete in 2001 and a potential volunteer in 2002. I have no business interest with Jack C. I'm assuming since I recieved the email that other athletes did as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Timing firm to sue L.A. Triathlon promote [jng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, then, i guess this raises the question, who out received this email who did NOT have anything to do with the race other than as a participant?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply