Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timex Ironman O.V.A... any reviews
Quote | Reply
I'm in need of a new training watch and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the O.V.A.

It sounds\looks like a great idea... any glitches with the design?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Ironman O.V.A... any reviews [mortaaay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love mine...it does feel a bit weird on your wrist at first though. Like taking your current watch and twisting it sideways on your wrist kinda weird. Hardest habit to break is turning your wrist to look at the time and realizing you don't need to. Fantastic idea...now...if only they made a HR monitor watch that was the same...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find it uncomfortable around the wristbone where the buckle goes, so I rarely wear mine.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love mine as well, again a bit funny at first and they don't fit quite as well as a normal watch, or at least on my skinny ass bony wrists they don't. I can never remember which side the indiglo is on but it is the easiest watch to look at while working out I have EVER used. Especially great for Xterra races where looking at your watch too long on a tricky run trail can mean disaster. Awesome watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doesn't sit where it is supposed to on my skinny wrist - always rolls down. IMO Timex made a big mistake with the new molded wristbands. Best thing about the old version was removing the band and putting a velcro band on there - can't do that any more.

thumbs down (unless you're sure it fits your wrist well)

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the concept, but I couldn't get it to fit my wrist very well, and it was a little too small for my taste, which run to bigger, heavier watches.

Truly easy to view when working out and I really liked the view when on the bike, either on the aero bars or on the hoods on my road bike.

I'd try one out, and if it fits your wrist, then you should be GTG.

I really like that I sold it on eBay for $15.00 more than I paid for it!

T

"The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input.

Ride on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also like mine. But being a bit of a "watch " collector. I have 7 timex sleeks and now 2 OVA'S and I love them but I am having wrist confusion switching back and forth!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Ironman O.V.A... any reviews [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love mine...it does feel a bit weird on your wrist at first though. Like taking your current watch and twisting it sideways on your wrist kinda weird. Hardest habit to break is turning your wrist to look at the time and realizing you don't need to. Fantastic idea...now...if only they made a HR monitor watch that was the same...

I spoke to someone from Timex at IM Moo and he said they will be making the OVA with Hr monitor in 2006.
Quote Reply