Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timex Bodylink questions
Quote | Reply
So, just orered the Bodylink system from Al's Gift Shoppe (great deal, got the whole package including data recorder for less than the watch, HRM and GPS unit would cost me here). A few questions:

1. It seems you can switch between Imperial (mph) and Metric (kmh) fairly easily. Can you do this mid-run? Does it also change your odometer?

2. How long does the GPS unit take to start working with the watch? Obviously, I can't take it into the water for the swim, but will I be able to turn it on quickly when I get to the bike? Or does it take a while to synch up?

3. For those people who use macs, I know the software isn't usable on OSX. Can you use it with virtual PC? Will the mac "see" the USB cable and data? Can you export that data into a mac-readable file (such as excel)?

Thanks.
Last edited by: mfreeman72: Jan 18, 05 12:49
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Bodylink questions [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't know about 1 or 3.

2-I have used mine during tris. If you turn on the gps unit before the swim and leave it with the bike, it will turn itself off in 15 minutes as it senses no movement. So, before the swim, turn it on, let it find the satellites and its location, then turn it off and leave it with the bike. At T1, turn it on first before anything else; it may lock onto satellites before you get on the bike. It's useually pretty quick.

I wear the chest strap under my trisuit, but find that I often don't get a heart rate until mid to late bike. I've tried the ecg gel, but I think it washes off during the swim. I don't worry about it enough to put the gel on at T1.
Quote Reply