Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timex Bodylink Speed & Distance Watch
Quote | Reply
Anybody use one of these? I was thinking of buying one but wanted to get some feedback before I drop the $280.
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Bodylink Speed & Distance Watch [recoby4of5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got one. I got a really good deal at a place online called Al's Gift's Shop. It's been so-so in daily use. Sometimes it loses the GPS signal even though there are no trees or tall buildings nearby. Also, it gives different mileage totals than my bike computer, although I'm not sure which one is correct.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably buy one of those Garmin ones that can work with Motionbased. They're cheaper too.

Benjamin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine. I have had very few problems with lost signal. While the Garmin is also nice, I like having the HRM and GPS in one unit.

If you buy, look on ebay. I got mine there for $180 brand new and did not even have to bid (used "Buy It Now").
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and it works great. I can second the Al's Gift's Shop rec... cheaper and faster than ebay.

Ron

----------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also researching gps / hrm watches. Does anyone know if they show changes in elevation? I'd like to be able to track the climbs in my workouts. Also, how fast do the gps systems read? I'm hoping they will still work for my rapid decents.
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Bodylink Speed & Distance Watch [Dave G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For recording changes in elevation, look at the Garmin. Timex is just distance/speed (and HR of course)

I really like my Timex. It's worked great for me recently training for my first marathon. I love the ability to keep an accurate average pace. I've had little problems with it. The only problem I had was taken care of immediately by Timex and supplied me with a brand new watch.

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin foretrex, not the forerunner that everyone here is using, will show altitude but it looks like you lose some of the runners features for that. Was just thinking about getting a forerunner tonight, checked ebay to see what the "real" price is and found "buy it now" prices from $117 to $128. Suggested retail was more than this but with shipping it evens out.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Bodylink Speed & Distance Watch [Amish John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What problem did you have with it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you want climbing/elevation/HR/speed and distance all in one unit you're pretty much looking at the Polar 625x and that's about it. This isn't a bad thing as I have a 625x and choose it over the Timex and Garmin units. The polar has tons (maybe too many) options and features, has the best chest strap in the biz (by a landslide), is downloadable, huge display, 2 year warranty and works with my bike as well. Plus it doesn't loose signal, well speed signal at least, no HR monitor is perfect.

Long live Polar!

Too bad the damn Timex watches always look cooler...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What problem did you have with it?

The watch wouldn't make any audible sounds. I like using the feature where the watch will beep if you are above or below a manually set HR range...

They replaced the watch with no probs.

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply