Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time Pedals
Quote | Reply
Looking to switch pedals and I seem to gravitate towards Time Xpresso 6 pedals. Curious on the opinion of Time Xpresso for triathlon use.

Also, interested in Look.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Time Pedals [Mercinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Time Pedals. I have two 6's, two 12's, and a 10. Very light, easy to engage and release. The weak point is the cleats. They do not stand up to any amount of walking. In a normal year, I go through 3 sets. Wish they had a cleat cover.

If you have to walk or run through any mud, it's easy to foul the cleat, too. Easy to clean out, but still a distraction on race day. You're also not like to find a shop that stocks them, so you need to travel with a spare set of cleats.

For Tri, I think Look is a better choice. I'm thinking about the Speedily Aero for my TT bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello

I used a lot Time expresso 8 and 10.
Working well, good and fluid angular movement. Large surface, making foot very stable

Used also Look. You need to choose the right cleat color for the angular movement (grey is the normal one). Less easy movement than the Time. Smaller surface, but most peoples will not feel the difference. Now use my grey cleat on my power tap P1s, they are compatible.
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Oct 18, 18 9:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran a set of Xpro pedals for a few months.
As a pedal- they work great. Bearing are smooth, float feels really good and they are easy to enter and exit the pedal.
But they are prone to creaking if anything gets on pedals or cleats-
Quote Reply