Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time Between Events
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a little advice from those that have experience in this. I have two events that I am currently gearing up for early this summer. One is on June 19th and the other is on July 24th.

Here is where it gets interesting, the June event will be my first Tri. I am confident that I will be able to finish either the sprint or olympic distance, but the July event is only Olympic and it is in Boulder Colorado (I am a low-lander from MI).

My question is should I run just the Sprint in June to save for the July event, or should I go the distance just to get ready for the July event?

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Sky

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Time Between Events [bigsky17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My advice is to do the sprint in June to get a feel of what a triathlon is really like and experience the ins and outs of race day without taking on the added challenge of doing an OD race (which is fairly challenging even if your training has gone perfectly). Additionally this would reduce the risk of problems from taking on too much for your first race and allow you to continue training without a recovery period the week after the sprint. Good luck!

Marty Gaal, CSCS
One Step Beyond Coaching
Triangle Open Water Swim Series | Old School Aquathon Series
Powerstroke® Freestyle Technique DVD
Quote Reply