Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timberman
Quote | Reply
Anyone do timberman??
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman [trikid1930] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have and so have tons of people here ... what do you want to know?
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman [2fast4u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YOU ARE A MEAN PERSON! i was simply asking and now you have affended me . i have to wipe the tears from my eyes, excuse me. :(
well i beat u havent done the kids version now have u!

*tear* *sniffle* *sniffle* *tear*

kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, Keith Jordan is the best race director. Awesome course, tons of fun. Fills up early! Registration opens November 1st.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, '01 and '04. There are lots of fine races out there, but pound for pound, dollar for dollar, this is the best. I suspect you've been to the website and read about EVERYTHING that is offered over the course of the weekend, and it is amazing that it is all pulled off with dignity and aplomb. And just for the record, the course is spectacular. The bike in particular is exceptional, offering several challenging sections but overall emerging as very fair.

Timberman is good enough that it is causing me to rethink my late-season plans for next year. This year I did 1000 Islands olympic 90 minutes away the same day as Timbeman, and then followed that two weeks later with The Canadian Iron, 30 minutes away. This was a terrific plan and it would work next year as well -- but it obviously can't happen if I decide to do Timberman. Hmmmm. Two very good, very accessible races in exchange for the Best of the Best? This will be a very tough decision!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First time this year, it won't be the last I hope.

My race report is up if you search for it on here. I can't offer you any advice other than enter and go, it's the best event I've ever done.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keith Jordan does things right. And to top it off, his family makes great ice cream (which they give away after the race).
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman [peethreeguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While we are talking about Keith's race, lets not forget about Mooseman, the first weekend in June. I participated in the inaugral 1/2 this year. During the run portion of Mooseman, a lot of fellow participants thought it was actually harder than LP. Nice way to start the season and a good primer for Lake Placid. I'm doing both in 06. Both of my kids volunteered and are hooked. My daughter was one of the "sponge girls". The hugs during the race were nice, but didn't do much for my splits!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman [NHTamela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NHTamela -

So which do you think is tougher - Mooseman or Timberman? I had done all three years of Granite Ledges and figured I knew the course really well, but doubling the bike and run made for an "it-feels-like-more-than-double" experience. I think that Mooseman is the tougher of the two; what say you? (The long out-and-back along Route 106 at Timberman provides a nice respite from suffering, and there's nothing really equivalent at Mooseman.)

Another decision I have to make is which of the two Moose to do next year. Keith is turning the 1/4 into the same international distance that Granite Ledges was, so that will be very sweet. However, I would love another crack at the 1/2....although doing that two weeks before Muskoka might not be wise. Decisions, decisions.......
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman [stevebradley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good question, a couple of us have been bouncing it around. Everyone agreed that the Mooseman bike course was harder. I think Timberman run course is harder, just feels like you are either going a long way up or down. My friends thought that Mooseman run course was worse and I heard that echoed during the run. I think part of that could have been that it was about 100 degrees and it was rainy and 50 degrees for 2 months prior. I did Granite Ledges twice and miss it this year. If you have an A race two weeks after Mooseman, I would do the 1/4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with your friends about the run.

I did Mooseman two weeks after Columbia, at which I worked very hard - when I wasn't servicing two flats. It took me 5:38. At Timberman '04, I went 5:30 four weeks after IMLP. I would figure that the fatigue factor would favor Mooseman as the "faster" of the two, but it didn't work that way.

Muskoka will be an "A" race ---- unless I decide to do Mooseman 1/2! Maybe I should do both Moose and Timber, hope for similar weather (highly unlikey), and have a bit more data on which to base my comparisons.

You just can't go wrong doing one of the Endorfun races, can you?

(Any inside word yet on Waterville Valley?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did Mooseman in 5:34, which I was happy with for an early season 1/2. My Timberman time, 5:26 (but I wasn't tired from an IM), even with a horrible swim time (44 minutes, ouch). I was hoping it was because I was in better shape :-).

Keith's races rule!! I can't wait to see what he's unveiling for his rumored 1/2 in the SW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup did it as my first half. Wonderfully run race. That is even taking into consideration the long drive from NC!

I'm in for next year!

~~~~~~~
Do or do not there is no try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NHTamela -

Jeez, I'll have to find you and pace off you. All things being equal, I'll gain four minuites each race!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just don't pace off my swim time!! Hopefully, my lessons will pay off and I'll learn how to swim by Mooseman! How did you do in IMLP?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dig around and check my swim times -- UGH!

At IMLP '04 I went 12:57, this year at The Canadian Iron I was 11:54 on a course that was probably at least a mile longer on the run. Next year I'll either do The Canadian again (it's only 30 minutes from my home) or ChesapeakeMan. (If you are also an unfish, check out the times for the swim at this year's ChesMan - the current was favorable and 25% of the swimmers were UNDER an hour! Hear me salivate!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's very cool! I'm doing my first iron distance next Saturday, Great Floridian. Based on the projected water temperatures, it looks like no wetsuits! Gasp! Not a good way to start the day, but will make for better stories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a great day down there, you lucky soul (even if it is sans wetsuit)!

I'm assuming that the NH is short for New Hampshire, which means you probably train on lots of hills, which means you should handle the GFT bike without much difficulty, which means that part of the day should go really well for you. I hope that's the case! Let me/us know how it goes for you, okay?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hills are my friends! I actually live right in the White Mountains. I think I would die on a flat course, just a grind. I will let you know how I do!
Quote Reply