Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tifosi Sunglasses?
Quote | Reply
Anybody use Tifosi sunglasses for biking or running? I am looking for a cheaper than Rudy or Oakleys pair, and don't want a Performance cheap pair. Tifosi's are about $50 and come with 3 pairs of lenses which is good for when I trash a set.

Thanks,

Barefoot
Quote Reply
Re: Tifosi Sunglasses? [barefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love 'em above all others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair of the quam 2.0. I use them to run in and for casual. I still prefere my Oakely Pro M Frames for riding and racing. A friend of mine has their more rider friendly set and loves them. They are a good deal. Go for it!
Quote Reply
Re: Tifosi Sunglasses? [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What model do you have Monk? I am looking at the Slip.

Barefoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We sell 'em. They are pretty good for the price. Nice looking too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i own 3 pairs of tifosi's and speak highly enough of them. they are one of the best pair of sunglasses out there for the money--$50-60 for one pair with 3 interchangeable lenses. i have 2 pairs of the envy and one pair of slips. i love the envy pairs--they didn't have the slip a couple years ago. i just started wearing those and they fit great--they don't move too much at all. the older version of the envy did not have noseclips--the frame had 2 rubber pads in it on the nose that created a snug fit. the new envy models actually have noseclips, but i have managed to move them around so they are comfy. the slips are great as well--i'm probably going to start using them more often. they have one lens instead of two separate ones--makes changing them out pretty easy. several of my training buddies have the quams and love them. i'm not a fan b/c i like the "blade" type lenses with no frame below the lens (always seem to just catch water). good luck and feel free to pm me with anymore questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They look top notch, but are gas station glasses with great lenses. Nothing wrong with that as I have a pair and they are well worth the money. The optics are perfect and the lenses are durable. They are as good as any expensive pair, and don't get lost like expensive ones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my pair for a year. Love em. I'm too cheap to spend more, I figure I'll ass crunch-em when I sit on them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for about a year. I found the lenses very soft and prone to scratching. The spare lenses came in handy last week when the dog decided she wanted to chew my Tifosis and my wife's Sundogs. Very comfortable and the air inlet hole at the bottom helps keep them defogged as the fit pretty close.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won a pair of guams (?) in a prime 2 weeks ago. They are pretty nice glasses, but for me I think the lenses are a little small. The frame seems to obstruct a lot of my periferal vision, so I use them for training and not for racing. I really like the interchangeable lenses. - .02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a pair of Slips last week! Its great! Doesn't move around when I bike or run. I lost my M Frames and didnt want to spend a $$$ bomb again.

Its a great price for 3 pair of lens, + a hard case!

GET THEM!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two pair. Envy and Slip. I don't use the Slips much anymore--the Envy are a little smaller.

At IMAZ, my GF hit a bump so hard the lenses came out of her Slips (Edit --I have since learned that this is not a two lens system, and that the display pair she bought had been messed with). She went back and only found 1, and had to do ride with one lens until a SAG guy came along and saw her, and gave her his prescription sunglasses--but not before her eye got scratched from the sand and the wind--had to keep it shut, and it watered and hurt for the rest of the race. I saw her on the run, when I was still actually running, and it was pitiful.

I am thinking maybe her helmet compressed them against the bridge of her nose and spread them when she hit the bump.
Last edited by: Monk: Apr 23, 05 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: Tifosi Sunglasses? [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
and don't get lost like expensive ones.
Funny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey monk, sorry to hear about your gf's eye--that's just not something you can account for in training! are you sure she has the slips? maybe she has an older version, but my '05 slips have just one lens that covers both eyes. i would not be surprised is a good rattle knocked them loose, but then again, it is held in place on the sides and on the nose. i've known people to not put the lens in all the way--it makes an audible popping noise--but never heard of them coming out when they were in all the way. but no worries, i'm not doubting you (or your gf) at all. just curious if it really was the slips or another model (morph?) congrats to her (an you) for finishing--i'm still just half the man you and your gf are. wait,...you know what i mean :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tifosi Sunglasses? [whineyass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Point well-taken--I got the name from the website--I did not see that was the one lens model. I edited my post. Thanks. One of her IMAZ pics show her riding with the one lens--looks like a pirate. The lens may not have been in all the way I suppose, but she has never had them out, and was not aware that they came out. As I said, was one in a million, and could have been user error.

Here is the pirate:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.titanflex-usa.com/products-airoseries.htm

try this! maybe someone will mistake you for Scott Molina....

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have 'em. love 'em. would never buy oakley again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mrs. Vitus and I both have a set. I forget what model.

Great glasses- I forget I'm wearing them while riding. Can't see why I'd pay twice as much for something else.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the Quam 1.0 and they're great. Very lightweight.
Quote Reply
Re: Tifosi Sunglasses? [Tri-sg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks you all. I think I will go with the Slips. Tri sports sells for 49 and with the 20% coupon it is pretty hard to beat.

Barefoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barefoot,

You should check out www.neoxlens.com before you make any purchases. Great glasses to ride in Aero Position and run in. Great thing about these glasses is that you only need one lens for all lighting conditions. No more switching out lenes. You can also get them on Nytro's website www.nytro.com NEOX is a new co based out of San Diego and sponsoring a couple of pro triathletes. $59.95 and cheaper on Nytro's website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a pair of the Tyrants that I bought about a year ago; I like them, but I'm not wild about them. As someone else mentions, the lenses do seem soft, because I've got a couple of scratches that I'm not sure where they came from. I'm pretty careful with my sunglasses, and I've also never scratched Oakleys like I have the Tifosis. My other complaint is that they don't stay up when I'm riding. They claim that the nosepieces and stems are hydrophilic, but when I've been riding for a while and start sweating, they keep sliding down and I either a) have to push them back up every couple of minutes, or b) end up with very irritated eyes. I used a pair of Oakley Zeros for about four years before I bought these, and they never moved at all.

--
fork DOWN
times DOWN
woo - jackmott
Quote Reply
Re: Tifosi Sunglasses? [whineyass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can now clear something up on the Tifosi Slips. When purchased, GF had taken these off the display rack. They had two lenses in them, After losing one of the lenses in IMAZ, she went to get one of the replacement lenses, and discovered that it was a one piece not a two piece lens. Apparently someone had messed around with the display pair and put two lenses in. They fit, but they are not meant for use with the Slips.

At any rate, this concern was a red herring, and should not be a concern with the Tifosi Slips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the slips. The lenses seem to scratch easily, but so what. For $50 you can buy a new pair. Mine came with 3 lenses - clear, smoke and all-condition red (my favorite).
Quote Reply