Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thx Guys! It Fits!
Quote | Reply
I have been reading this forum in shame for a year. I bought a new Felt S22 last summer and gave up my Cannondale R600. For a year, I didn't have the courage to tell my wife and friends that the Felt sucked and I wanted my R600 back. Even did IMFLA on the Felt and it was horrid.

Finally all your talk of fit got to me and I did something. I didn't need a new bike just fit to the one I have. I bought a carbonx front end and it took my reach in and down at the same time. Back flat, weight redistributed. What a help all of your bantering back and forth is to me.

My bike is bad to the bone now. Felt s22, ec70 seatpost, carbonx bar, fsa cranks, speedplays, and to top it off - new Zipp 404's and a Renn disc for the flat ones.

See ya at IMUSA and the Duke full im. Thanks again.

Slow down or Go Around.
Quote Reply
Re: Thx Guys! It Fits! [slowtrigeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. You saw the light. That rules.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious to know what bar you were riding before the carbonx and also what the difference in height between you r old bar and the carbonx
Quote Reply
Re: Thx Guys! It Fits! [Bri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the bar that was original on my Felt S22 was an actual Felt manufactured bar with a Syntace aerobar attached. The dementions I don't know but the Carbon X brought me down about an inch and in about a 1/2 inch. My shoulder pain is gone and I am not overreaching to my gear shifts.

Sorry I could not be more specific, but the carbonx is quite adjustible.

Slow down or Go Around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like you should have been able to get the same result just by getting a one cm shorter stem and perhaps switch sizes on the aerobars. Why didn't you try this?

I like my Carbon X when I had it, but their limited sizes left me with no other option than to be too far forward. I couldn't make it work for me. I am glad it worked for you.

I went back to seperate components from the Carbon X. Some day I will get back to a more integrated approach. I am hoping the Hed will work, but I have real fears about holding onto that bar during descents since the bar ends don't turn up. It looks great for flat courses though.
Quote Reply
Re: Thx Guys! It Fits! [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, My wife had traditional road bars with a syntace areobar attatched. I was able to give her my bull arms and my aerobar.

Second, the carbonx was a little bit softer ride

Third, a little more aerodynamic.

Forth, the most important - at least I look fast!

Slow down or Go Around.
Quote Reply