Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thoughts on my overall fit/head position?
Quote | Reply
I've been hanging around ST the past year or so, and really enjoyed all the threads and the great community on here. My bike, and most of my race gear is off the ST classifieds, and its been amazing to learn from everyone on the forum. Thanks ST community!

I follow most of the fit threads, and have tried to apply most of the recommendations from the experienced fitters to my personal fit (orthodoxy tables and such). I think I've settled into a pretty good spot after a year or two of tweaking. I just received a race photo from this past summer (a nice side angle) that seems to show my fit pretty accurately, so I figured it was good timing to put it up here and see if anyone had any thoughts. I know it doesn't show the bottom of the pedal stroke, but I have erred on the side of the seat being too low, and I believe it to be in a good spot.

Some details. Height: 6ft, weight, 145-150lbs, Bike P2-56cm with Aduro bar (1.5cm of spacers, pads set middle setting)-gives pad xy of 616 stack, 503 reach (based off cervelo stack/reach table for aduro..I believe this is to centre of pads)

I did do a recent Retul fit with a local fitter (just to check and see his thoughts), who kept me more or less the same as pictured below. He recommended the change from 170mm down to 165mm cranks (brought seat up 0.5mm), and I also added CeeGees pads (+0.5cm pad height). We also adjusted cleat placement a little more midfoot, and added 10degree angled spacers under pads. I have L/R numbers if anyone is interested

From what I can see in the photo, my head could be more tucked/turtled. I have tested head positions with STAC, and tested no difference between higher/lower positions (see photo attached). This seems weird to everything I've seen, and ideally would like to test further to really see if its accurate.
My kit also is also size xs garneau. I tend to be susceptible to kit rolling up since I have long legs with such a small kit. Any suggestions here are also welcome.

I know there always seems to be these fit threads, but would appreciate any thoughts on anything fit/kit!

The two head positions from STAC (bike setup was a bit different then pictured above when I tested):

Last edited by: boltz1: Dec 9, 18 13:32
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on my overall fit/head position? [boltz1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A video would be helpful to check on your saddle height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stac tested position looks different. In the pic you look like you could use a little more reach to achieve what you tested. I find more reach helps with keeping my head lower.
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on my overall fit/head position? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Stac tested position looks different. In the pic you look like you could use a little more reach to achieve what you tested. I find more reach helps with keeping my head lower.

the main problem i see with STAC testing is likely represented here, where the rider's static and moving position can be quite different. i'd assume OP rides steeper/"pulls" more when at race effort as opposed to when sitting stationary in the STAC test.
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on my overall fit/head position? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, holding a position for STAC was a bit unnatural, which is why I'm a bit skeptical still. The position I was riding for the stac testing didn't translate well to outdoor riding (I tested in winter), which is why its a bit different. I guess it may need field testing to see for sure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm jealous of the guy who came up with that paint scheme đŸ˜‰.

Your fit looks pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on my overall fit/head position? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its holding up well! Definitely worth a few free watts
Quote Reply