Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Those With Pea-Sized Noggins Please Read!
Quote | Reply
Okay, before you read too much into this post, I am in need for some recommendations for goggles. Apparently I have the most jacked up face/head in the human world and for the life of me I can't find a pair of goggles that fit and don't leak.

I have tried numerous goggles and nothing is working and I have my first race on Sunday. I have had the most success with the Tyr Socket Rocket but I have to have them so tight that it becomes painful and they leave a big dent in my nose. I even resorted to the Aquasphere Seal XP, which kind of works but water still gets in around the bridge of the nose. I think my problem is a small nose/bridge of nose as well as a petite female face.

Any advice would be most welcome.

"It's just mind over matter-as long as you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
Quote Reply
Re: Those With Pea-Sized Noggins Please Read! [Blondie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the female specific models from tyr among others?

How about the "children" size models?

Just a couple of thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forgive me if I tell you something that you know. But, if you're having problems with goggles and seal masks leaking - it may be that you have them too tight. You mentioned something about having them so tight that it hurts. That is the problem.

Most goggles and seal masks work better when they're just tight enough to hold them to your head. So, loosen them up and see how they work. Example, I have a seal mask. I can put it on my face, push it in so that it creates a suction, and have it stay there without the strap being around my head.

The problem may not be the shape/size of your noggin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same problem. Try kid's goggles like speedo's hydro-something junior or the small version of the Aquasphere Kaimen, and don't cinch them up so tightly.
Quote Reply
Re: Those With Pea-Sized Noggins Please Read! [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried loosening the straps but they still leak. When I put the Seal mask on my face without the straps on my head, it holds in place but I can feel where it's not sealing around the bridge of my nose. I am going to play with it more to see if maybe it's just a matter of finding the exact pressure from the straps. Very frustrating though. Thanks for your help.

Quote Reply
Re: Those With Pea-Sized Noggins Please Read! [k2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried female-specific models with no luck so I will try out the kiddie models. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have the same frustrating issue. If it stays on during a practice, I have goggle face for the next 24 hours. I use the kiddy seal mask. Even the small regular goggles won't work due to narrow face structure.

B - I keep telling myself that if I found comfortable goggles, I just might swim more than twice a year.

"the only normal people are the ones you don't know"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either swedes, or a woman-specific model. I have a small head, and the only goggles besides swedes that don't leak for me so far are Speedo women's "Vanquisher" goggles.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out the kids googles. not the ones with frogs on them but the competition goggles. kids have small heads and no nose bridge at all. my daughter uses the speedo hydrospex juniors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has been my theory that people with above average looks find it difficult to find swim goggles that fit because most swim goggles are made for people with below average looks. Therefore, it is difficult for beautiful people like you and I to find goggles that fit. I recommend Barracuda Swim Goggles.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aqua spherre caymen size small.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquasphere Kaiman youth size, as has been mentioned.

Socket Rockets are great. Try loosening them up a bit. If they are old, the silicone may be worn out. Get a new pair. Also, try a little moisturizer on the silicon to make sure it is forming a good seal on your face. A little lubrication on the gaskets can help with seal and comfort...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had trouble with leaky goggles for years. Last year I bought a pair of speedo goggles and they have been great. Sometimes it is as simple as pressing the goggles on your face to create the necessary suction. Also look to see whether the material around the eye piece is even, especially towards your nose. You will be surprised how uneven this is from goggle to goggle of the same brand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only time I've had leaking goggle problems is when I squint. As long as my face is relaxed, no leaks.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem and someone at my local swim shop suggested smaller ones, so I tries some Speedo Aqua Racers and i have not had a leak in training or in an open water race. I don't have them any tighter then usual either. I highly recommend them.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Those With Pea-Sized Noggins Please Read! [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Aqua spherre caymen size small.[/reply]

My daughter got some Caymans (sp?), Man are they comfy. I have serious goggle fit problems and these are great. If only they had corrective lenses. Damn! Back to my Views

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swedes

Quote | Reply
Take your goggles to the plastic surgeon. Good excuse for a nose job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
remember protocol...

with a couple photos we'd be able to sort it out nicely...

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Last edited by: Jim Mishler: Jul 14, 05 15:07
Quote Reply
Re: Those With Pea-Sized Noggins Please Read! [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Swedes!

They fit everyone and they cost like $4.00 - Cheap!

Jason

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Re: Those With Pea-Sized Noggins Please Read! [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aha! That must be the problem. ;)

Quote Reply
Re: Those With Pea-Sized Noggins Please Read! [Jim Mishler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been warned about this kind of request...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TYR velocity they work well for those of us who don't have a nose/bridge.
Quote Reply