Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This bike?
Quote | Reply
So next month I am buying a second hand Kickr Snap - All of my training is going to be indoors on the bike and maybe out during some weekends.

Will this bike do? I can't afford anything else, especially because I am just looking to begin exercise and getting fit and with the aim of completing a sprint triathlon.

I just want to check that this bike will be ok:

1) It will work on the Kickr Snap without me having to do anything special
2)I can use it for the sprint triathlon

https://www.decathlon.es/es/p/bicicleta-de-carretera-triban-100-gris/_/R-p-145567?mc=8377732&c=GRIS

Should I get a bicycle pump? I have heard that on the snap you have to make sure tire pressure is good.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: This bike? [jmods1985] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the bike fit you?
Quote Reply
Re: This bike? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose that there will be different sizes?

How does that work? How do I make sure it fits me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the snap you'll need a bike with slick (or semi slick) tires and a quick release rear hub, so that bike just won't work. You should either look for an used road bike or wait until you can afford one. Of course you'll have to buy a pump, not just for the Sanp, but because you should always ride with the correct pressure in your tires.
Quote Reply
Re: This bike? [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do I tell that a bike will fit on the SNap?

What do I need to check?

Complete newbie here!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the rear wheel must be provided with a quick release, otherwise the snap won't lock; you must use a slick rear tire too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a reason you are set on buying a Snap? My experience is the snap is worse than much cheaper fluid trainers paired to speed sensors. The 'power' estimates from a Snap are no more reliable than power estimates based on speed sensors and a fluid trainer works flawlessly without having to pay an extra monthly fee for software. Unless you are getting the Snap for dirt cheap you are approach the equation wrong.

Decathlon makes decent bikes so you can go have a look and buy the model that is best within your budget. Also buy a pump. Then look on the used market for some rollers or a turbo which don't require paying for software.
Quote Reply
Re: This bike? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decathlon also sells decent trainers. The Inride 500 Fluid looks like good value.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/...N-82945-product-type~bike-turbo-trainer

I'd be inclined to spend less on the trainer (how much are you paying for the used Snap?), and spend more on the bike. Even though it's going to spend most of its time on the trainer, you'll want it to perform in the race. As mentioned by a previous poster, a decent fluid trainer can give you an incredible workout, without the extra expense and complications of a smart trainer. My fluid Elite trainer has been going strong for three years, never a single problem.

I'm a big of the Decathlon range of products, by the way - I spend hours in there every time I travel back to Europe, much to the irritation of my family!!

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would look for a used fluid trainer and a used trek 1.1 or something similar. I bet you could get both for around $450 total.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: This bike? [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So a lot of you think Zwift and a smart trainer are NOT the best way to train in doors for a beginner?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of us think that you should FIRST buy a decent bike, THEN get the trainer you can afford. If your budget allows decent bike, smart trainer and zwift, that's fine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't really see the interest of riding in swift with an Innacurate power meter.. You can have same workout efficiency with rpe outside. Riding indoor is my favorite way to train, but if you can't trust the power...... Unless you just want to cruise with a simulation of climb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Cyclops Fluid 2 trainer and have used it for the last 5 years training for every single race I have done from sprint to full Ironman. For what I paid for that trainer, it's hard to justify anything else trainer wise. You can get a great workout going HR based on an indoor.

Find a good used bike. You will make your budget stretch further and you will get a better bike for the long haul.
Quote Reply