aero helmets - I'll just pedal harder
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [Traphaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree on the first one. I’ve tried 3 of the expensive brands and I chafe like crazy even with body glide. I’ve determined I’m too fast for sleeves. (In reality, long torso makes me a tweener on sizing)
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [BKyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BKyle wrote:
3/10

That's way too high. I'd say barely a 1.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vols wrote:
Agree on the first one. I’ve tried 3 of the expensive brands and I chafe like crazy even with body glide. I’ve determined I’m too fast for sleeves. (In reality, long torso makes me a tweener on sizing)

Must be us vol fans.

GBO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm done with redoing mechanical internal cable routing! No more!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disagree on all 3. But I like going fast.

If I was in it for comfort, then agree on nixing the sleeves and aero helmet. Bibs will always be the go to move though.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
I'm done with redoing mechanical internal cable routing! No more!

You got Etap?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Di2!

Hasn't arrived yet though, will let you know how it goes.

I still like mechanical though - my road bike is EXTERNAL cable routing. I love that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traphaus wrote:
sleeved tri suits - gotta let the guns breathe

bib shorts - I don't wear suspenders this isn't 1921

Tubes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traphaus wrote:
sleeved tri suits - gotta let the guns breathe

bib shorts - I don't wear suspenders this isn't 1921

Big assed shades - I am not on a ski hill and no, they don't make one look slim.

Aero jersey and socks - While riding, they just emphasize how slow you are going, (also see above)

Small drink bottle - Signaling that one is just squeezing out 1 hour of riding, soo not impressive.

Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 12, 21 16:29
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm done with low bike inventory!
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [brusselsprouts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Do epic shit" jerseys and bibs, when going 11 mph for a 15 miles ride. No, you are not "doing epic shit"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stupid goddam bloody trucker hats, sized huge and pulled over the ears. it makes it look like our transition areas are populated entirely by 5-year-olds.

(in some senses, i guess they are.)

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Everyone using the bike lane except for bikes going the correct direction during anytime, not just Covid times. Looking at you also tri runners.

2. Entitled off leash dog people.

3. Every outdoor training ride seems to be a compromise of some kind. Once in a while I want to have enough time to drive out to good roads and do my thing and not constantly be on the clock. Or have enough spare time to just cruise Z2 for some extra time just because without worrying about looking at the TSS figure on the gps.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [alexie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexie wrote:
"Do epic shit" jerseys and bibs, when going 11 mph for a 15 miles ride. No, you are not "doing epic shit"

Hey! No pace shaming - that 11mph / 15 miles could be a huge effort after contracting COVID, a serious injury, suffering from MS, or recovery from trauma of some sort

Not everyone's "epic shit" is equal to your standard, or your own "epic shit"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Small drink bottle - Signaling that one is just squeezing out 1 hour of riding, soo not impressive.

Or it says "I'm already well-hydrated, AND I know where the Wawas / 7-Elevens are, just in case"

Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
alexie wrote:

Hey! No pace shaming - that 11mph / 15 miles could be a huge effort after contracting COVID, a serious injury, suffering from MS, or recovery from trauma of some sort

Tidbit on this one. I took the kids to a swim lesson at the Y and they had to tell a lady to turn her "epic shit" swim cap inside out. On what planet does someone put that on to go do laps at a Y and think that is ok?
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
useing a shift cable with a ferrule at the end makes it really easy to fish thru the frame. The di2 wire fits perfectly in the ferrule. Once you get the cable thru, the ferrule pulls the di2 cable along

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree 100 percent.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman - I don't like biking that much and finishing 5 was enough.

Forcing marathons/ultras into the calendar. Did the 50 states averaging 4-5 races a year. Now marathons/ultras fit my travel desires and are not an obligation.

Running in wind temps less than 10F.

Btw I agree no sleeves are better and aero helmets are silly, but I'm the opposite on bibs. The only time I wear tri shorts in running a marathon.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
alexie wrote:

A few years back, while waiting for my insurance company to approve an ablation for my afib, doing an hour long ride at 11-13mph was an epic ride for me.

For several years prior to the pandemic, I helped coach a beginner's ride series leading up to the local sprint tri. For a lot of those people who had little or no cycling experience, doing their first 15 mile ride was epic for them, and it was awesome seeing the look of accomplishment on their faces...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm done with running 5-minute miles. Or even 6-minute miles. Or pretty much running fast. (But I miss those days.)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
RandMart wrote:
alexie wrote:

Tidbit on this one. I took the kids to a swim lesson at the Y and they had to tell a lady to turn her "epic shit" swim cap inside out. On what planet does someone put that on to go do laps at a Y and think that is ok?

Yeah, "epic shit" plus a pool, may NOT be reading the room quite right

Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
RandMart wrote:
alexie wrote:

20 x 400 IM @ 4:30 (I can’t do that set but it would be epic and done in a pool).
Quote Reply

Prev Next