Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

There MUST be a way to keep headphones in!
Quote | Reply
I thought I was done with dull swim sessions. I thought I was relatively creative. I thought I could figure out a way to keep headphones from falling out of my ears once I was given a waterproof ipod.

Nope.

I have these

and I have messed with the different sizes, cut my swim caps up to make an elastic band that go across my ears, just worn a swim cap, strapped my goggles down over the buds... all to no avail.

Does anyone have an outside the box way of keeping headphones in? Or does anyone have a pair of AWESOME headphones that you never have problems with?

I have tasted the sweetness of music in the water and I cannot turn back.
Quote Reply
Re: There MUST be a way to keep headphones in! [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use those little silicone earplugs. You can roll them up into about a 1-1/2" long lump, then wrap them around your in-ear buds and then press them into your ears. The soft semi-sticky silicone plugs mold to fit your outer ear and keep the plugs in place. I had to experiment a bit to find the right way to do it but now it takes about 5 seconds per ear and I'm good to go. It helps to wear a cap in the water as well. I've also found that this method works great for running.

McG...

Rejecting the pansy NASCAR-ish looking cycling clothes since 1966.
Quote Reply
Re: There MUST be a way to keep headphones in! [JMcG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMcG wrote:
those little silicone earplugs

I'm not familiar. Can you point me in the right direction?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the earpieces getting dislodged by being tangled with your arms or just by the drag created by movement through the water or body movement? You should bind the cables just behind your head at the back of the neck and run it down the length of your back which should avoid the tangling issue, purpose built swimming headsets have a cable point behind the head usually, lots of different models around, just google them. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macks Ear Plugs

Just add.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H2O audio pro fit kit. They have these "Christmas tree" looking models that just fit perfect. Got mine a week ago and they are majorly better than the dome version that you have.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have said use the ones that roll up. Then feed the wire up and behind your earlobe then if it's got one, pull the tightener towards the back of your head. The put swim cap on.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A small strip of surgical tape across from the front of the ear across the back of the lobe.

FF

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Quote Reply
Re: There MUST be a way to keep headphones in! [Flat frog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
havent used these (happy with the standard issue from H20)

but they might work....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/..._Ear_Waterproof.html

and I'm with you on music and swimming
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Silicone earplugs can be bought at just about any drugstore/wallmart/sports store. Here is an amazon link for the Speedo brand plugs...

http://www.amazon.ca/...-White/dp/B000F6FPCM

McG...

Rejecting the pansy NASCAR-ish looking cycling clothes since 1966.
Quote Reply