Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Pmswanepoel
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
I Asked a genuine question in a previous forum post, seeking a genuine answer. Kind of like asking about people’s experience with, say, a bike, or running shoes..

Post seems to have been deleted..

Like I said, a genuine question as I trust certain people on this forum to give me an honest appraisal… I did something wrong? Was the mistake I made to name the ‘thing’ I was asking about? Like when a bike brand/shoe brand is mentioned in a post, question?

Did you mention a guy named Lionel....

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about this post:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

or something else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
I Asked a genuine question in a previous forum post, seeking a genuine answer. Kind of like asking about people’s experience with, say, a bike, or running shoes..

Like I said, a genuine question as I trust certain people on this forum to give me an honest appraisal… I did something wrong? Was the mistake I made to name the ‘thing’ I was asking about? Like when a bike brand/shoe brand is mentioned in a post, question?

Did you ask about Power Cranks?

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Are you talking about this post:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

or something else?

Oh. Haha. My bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess now you have to delete THIS thread?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was it a hotties post?

I'm colorblind, so I have not idea if that is even close to pink? but intended to be pink

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:

i saw that you posted about an EPO-type supplement. that thread is still here. is it another thread?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked the same question. See response in post #5. I think it just fell off the first page, and he didn't see it, at first, on page 2.
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:
was it a hotties post?

I'm colorblind, so I have not idea if that is even close to pink? but intended to be pink

Maybe I'm colorblind now too, but it's gray. If this was a joke, I obviously missed it.
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for confirming. I have more than a few shirts that are not the color I intended to buy. I almost wish they would say, "yeah, that looks great", and hide their rolling eyes at someone wearing a purple shirt thinking it's a shade of blue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I empathize with you SO much. Being color blind has caused me a lot of strife and ridicule even from my wife. 😂😂

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:

I’ll take a stab at answering, though your question wasn’t deleted.

If there was a legal supplement that boosted EPO the inventor would be a trillionaire and the most famous person on the planet. Because that would basically be the fountain of youth. And that is underselling it.

So you kind of went into a finance forum and asked is there any stock that can safely earn 20% per year for the next twenty years with no downside.

Make sense?
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:
Barry S. wrote:
was it a hotties post?

Maybe I'm colorblind now too, but it's gray. If this was a joke, I obviously missed it.

Pink is #FF00FF

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see that's tricky, cause you could be telling me the truth or you could be telling me to f off in code. I'd never know. Giving you the benefit of the doubt ; )

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if it's a post about trucker hats, getting fired by your coach or why CrossFit makes u faster, please repost.
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
mgreer wrote:
Barry S. wrote:
was it a hotties post?

Pink is #FF00FF

Technically, that's Magenta.

Pink is #FFC0CB.

Magenta stands out better though.

(I hate that I am that guy)
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry Dan, my mistake! Feel free to delete this whole thread -apoliogies!
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hit up my thread in the LR about staying up all night if you want to learn how to make flat coke
for real, you should look at it

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:
was it a hotties post?

Here's the story of my first experience with color blindness:

I was an assistant Cross Country coach while completing my undergrad degree (late 1990s).

I'm standing on a course with the head coach while our athletes are warming up.

"Do you know where the first mile mark is?" he asks.

Me, looking down at a HUGE "ONE MILE" painted on the ground in red, a few feet from where we're standing, and wondering if he's kidding... "Ummm... right there."

"Where?"

"Ummm... right THERE."

"Where?"

I think he must have been looking for a physical sign or something. I wanted to say "Right f*cking there" but it was a Christian School, so that was out of the question.

"It's RIGHT THERE!" gesturing and probably sounding exasperated.

"Is it red?"

"Yeah"

"I'm color blind. I can't see it on green grass."

I felt like an ass. But I learned a lesson about being patient and that we don't always know someone else's reality.
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Barry S. wrote:
was it a hotties post?

Here's the story of my first experience with color blindness:

I was an assistant Cross Country coach while completing my undergrad degree (late 1990s).

I'm standing on a course with the head coach while our athletes are warming up.

"Do you know where the first mile mark is?" he asks.

Me, looking down at a HUGE "ONE MILE" painted on the ground in red, a few feet from where we're standing, and wondering if he's kidding... "Ummm... right there."

"Where?"

"Ummm... right THERE."

"Where?"

I think he must have been looking for a physical sign or something. I wanted to say "Right f*cking there" but it was a Christian School, so that was out of the question.

"It's RIGHT THERE!" gesturing and probably sounding exasperated.

"Is it red?"

"Yeah"

"I'm color blind. I can't see it on green grass."

I felt like an ass. But I learned a lesson about being patient and that we don't always know someone else's reality.

Well this thread took several turns.
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
if it's a post about trucker hats, getting fired by your coach or why CrossFit makes u faster, please repost.

Or anything that happens in T3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good God, don't do that!

This thread is way more entertaining that the thread you thought was deleted... But, wasn't.
Quote Reply
Re: The post that shall not be mentioned [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At work once (defense contractor performing major mods to military aircraft) ... I had a material manager who used a large ass spreadsheet to track all the parts for a fleet of six P-3s we were upgrading.

At some point he moved on to another job, and I eventually opened his spreadsheet to see what he was doing. It had more colors than 7 rainbows. I spent 2 days trying to decifer his color coding scheme. I asked one of the guys who worked with him if he knew. His response?

"Randy? He's color blind...he just randomly picked a 'shade of grey' to highlight something."

I stopped trying to make sense of it after that.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Aug 31, 23 12:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why can't it be both?
Quote Reply

Prev Next