Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [mattbk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why are we watching the girl in thrid - get to the front of the race!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry guys, but did Raelert get kicked in the face or something? I saw some thing in this thread, but I honestly don't want to read 15 pages to find it.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you imagine the headline? "Craig Alexander wins Hawaii on the bike!"
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [bluepoint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd settle for more of the men's race. Last 20 min it's been The Joyce Show.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad form???? this is a race and lieto territory..... There is no rule for having to take a pull at the front.... Craig is playing smart and hitting hard the other one mentally. //

It is bad form if you are going to be a passanger all day on the bike, and you continually pass the guys that are actually taking the pulls. It is like hitting someones feet in the swim. Stay off the feet and just be glad that you are getting the free ride without having to ever set pace. I know there is no rule, but it is one of those unwritten ones that most pros follow. How would you like it if someone hit your feet throughout the swim, and never went to the front?? Not against the rules either, but just common courtesy to the pack mule that is actually setting the pace..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is the better runner of Alexander and Raehlert?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [bluepoint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't there a race earlier this year where Chrissie came back and just destroyed the run from a huge deficit. I am out with my family right.now and the Twitter coverage kinda stinks so how are Potts and Reed doing
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alexander
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, something in the swim

http://train4autism.org/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [spjon25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spjon25 wrote:
Wasn't there a race earlier this year where Chrissie came back and just destroyed the run from a huge deficit. I am out with my family right.now and the Twitter coverage kinda stinks so how are Potts and Reed doing

No real news on Potts and Reed

http://train4autism.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i can't be the only one thinking this is pretty poor race coverage. when is the last time they have followed either leader???

has anyone had more coverage than leanda cave?
Last edited by: zooropa: Oct 8, 11 14:02
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [thesituation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fine watching the women but once the men hit T2 we need men all the time full time with just brief cutaways for Rinny and CW. It's going to be an all out battle between Crowie and Andreas and I want to see it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
i can't be the only one thinking this is pretty poor race coverage. when is the last time they have followed either leader???

Agree. Terrible. I don't get it.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
<pink> The leaders are so fast the motorcycles can't catch up!</pink>
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only see what is on Ironmanlive, but I was thinking that since Lieto has been shooting off and getting caught, Alexander is not focusing on him, but was worried on loosing Vanhoenacker and Raelert. Therefore, I'm thinking he doesn't want to let them get any seconds...
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
masterslacker wrote:
I'm fine watching the women but once the men hit T2 we need men all the time full time with just brief cutaways for Rinny and CW. It's going to be an all out battle between Crowie and Andreas and I want to see it.
could be Iron War 2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah this is ridiculous. The men are making moves and they're not even showing it. We're watching the 3rd and 4th place women who are 13 minutes back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I have watched Leanda Cave's last 25 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they just said something to the effect of "Craig was such a consummate professional, fulfilling all of his contract, signing autographs and other things."
I didn't catch the beginning of that statement, but I realllly hope they were talking about Vegas.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no more Michellie Jones please, just awful... glad she's out of the booth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So who will win this year? Any predictions now 95 miles into the bike? I guess Lieto does not have enough of a gap and CA is the strongest runner in the front pack? So CA wins???
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, the video coverage is poor in terms of selection, also welch needs to just stop talking...verbal diarrhea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andreasjs wrote:
So who will win this year? Any predictions now 95 miles into the bike? I guess Lieto does not have enough of a gap and CA is the strongest runner in the front pack? So CA wins???

Yes.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [bwells2610] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cave's old man must be either on the camera or driving the motorcycle. Why on earth would they follow her for so long?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2011 Kona Ironman thread [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Welchy's comment that "Crowie is always the consummate professional". Really? Where's he been?
Quote Reply

Prev Next