Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The best reason to enter the RBTT/Fatum Bank Triathlonfest Olympic Distance tri on Curacao in January '05 is:
Quote | Reply
Podium girls.

That's right. They have podium girls for the awards ceremony. So, you get your trophy (a fine one I might add) up on the stage in front of a bunch of photographers just like you won a stage in the Tour de France, then a rather fetching young lady dressed for very warm weather presents you your award with a kiss on each check.

I've done, now, probably over 220 triathlons. This is the only one where this happens.

That, and the fact that the entire course is kick-ass cool.

But mostly, the podium girls.

(This didn;t just come from no where. It is overflow from the Lavender Room Hottie Thread with the podium girls).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The best reason to enter the RBTT/Fatum Bank Triathlonfest Olympic Distance tri on Curacao in January '05 is: [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, that is remarkably similar to the best reason to enter the Xterra World Championship on Maui every October. But in that race, you just have to stagger across the finish line -- and get lei'd by one of two very fetching hula maidens. Grown men have been known to exaggerate a fainting spell or two just to get more finish line attention. The sight of them almost makes you forget about the feeling that your brain has been fried, the bleeding wounds from the bike crashes on the lava rock, and the cramp which is about to seize your right hamstring and throw you to the ground.

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Re: The best reason to enter the RBTT/Fatum Bank Triathlonfest Olympic Distance tri on Curacao in January '05 is: [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom

Good call! Podium girls are always a good reason to go to a race. At the mideast championships we had podium girls. Colts Cheerleaders!

For me, because I'm forbidden by the Rocketwife to dabble in the podium girl segment of triathlon, the best reason for racing in Curacao is the Amstel brewery on that island. The last time I was there it was 8 bucks a case. You can't go wrong at that price. Nitrox helps hangovers too!

Rocketboy
Quote Reply
Re: The best reason to enter the RBTT/Fatum Bank Triathlonfest Olympic Distance tri on Curacao in January '05 is: [Rocketboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I don't drink, I'll be back in Curacao this January to defend my podium place!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm... and I could go visit Citco down there and call it a "business trip"... somehow I don't think the bossman would go for that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awwright I need another job somewhere else so I can travel like mr. Demerly..hey ya need a talented IT type in our bike shop?

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: The best reason to enter the RBTT/Fatum Bank Triathlonfest Olympic Distance tri on Curacao in January '05 is: [jonathanb565] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a link/info on this race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps Mr. Demerly might need a computer/network IT type experit with him ? yeah would love to get into something that pays better than where I'm at now..LOL

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Podium girls."

No, that's the second best reason. The first is the scuba diving there. Actually it's better at Bonaire, so you're right on this. Still do a tri and then do some diving is my kind of holiday.
Quote Reply