Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
Worst: Non-replaceable derailleur hanger (it that thing is out of spec/alignment can't get shifting perfect or something happens to the hanger the entire frame would be toast on a easily replaceable part of practically every other high end bike)

My roadie is like that. It's a special sort of stupid.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tarmac SL4
Best: Fits me. Stiff where it needs to be.
Worst: Rear tire clearance
Quote Reply
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think it's really the derailleurs ore may be the shift cable and housing? Because this PTFE treatment (second on my worst list) tends to crumble I replaced the original parts with Jagwire (sometimes I think they make this parallelogram shifting with a cable so scientifically complicated just to sell their electronic) ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The RD shifts well. It just happens to be the lowest grade component on an otherwise awesome bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looked into it...the cheapo in me says suck it up and ride the 23's! I've only ever ridden 23's so I can't say I feel the difference in training!! I'd 'like' to put on fourniers to get 25's and ride lower psi! This past year I was playing with psi and anytime I went under 105, I would flat on the ride..no exaggeration!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me
The dirt between the BB, crank, and chain stay you can't get to wipe off.
Quote Reply
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
Best: finally upgraded last year to Campagnolo 11 speed (Chorus)

Worst: last person on earth still running a USE Alien carbon seat post (setback is perfect for me)

I have an aero one with a Selle Italia Gel race seat attached if you ever need another one. It is round going up to the flat tapered-aero portion. You can PM me if you want it as a backup, it's for sale, I just never posted it yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
The best part on mine is the frame and the worst were the DA brake pads ..

2010 P3 here.
Worst part: SRAM 10 gruppo. After riding Di2 on a test bike I'd wished I had not "Made the Leap to Red" after riding Shimano for years. Already rebuilt to R2C shifters with rebuild kits 2x.

Best part...the frame or my Cobb 55. Both just feel "right" while riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike - brand new 2018 Quintana Roo PR6 Disc

Best: So many choices. Runner up would be finally getting carbon, eTap, 1X drivetrain, finally getting a power meter, but the winner is the brakes. The disc brakes give me so much confidence when I use the SRAM S-900 hydraulic disc brakes I mounted, the apply instantly, modulate easily and stop me quickly no matter how wet the conditions..

Worst - definitely as one other poster said would have to be the rider :)

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best part is the one-piece aero handlebars (Canyon Aeroad), they are a thing of great beauty and cause much envy in the pack.

Worst part is the slightly too short Di2 wires that run through said bars and make it nigh on impossible to charge the junction box without unplugging it which invariably leads to me having to take everything apart to get it properly connected again.

Which brings me onto the part that is both second best and second worst - the Aeroad-specific Garmin mount, which is both very cool and a massive PITA to install as you need the skill of a neurosurgeon to manoeuvre the screws into place through the Di2 wires. Didn't bother me too much as figured I'd only be doing it once, that was before I discovered the slightly too short wires...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speed Concept

Best: Frame, Cockpit
Worst: Rear brake (mechanic has zero problems with it but I'm a different story)

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
Worst: last person on earth still running a USE Alien carbon seat post (setback is perfect for me)

Next-to-last, perhaps... But I did make the conversion to a single bolt.
Quote Reply
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sathomasga wrote:
Worst: SRAM Red Brakes
What do you dislike about the SRAM Red brakes on your bike? Are they the latest Aerolink version?

I have a SRAM eTap road bike with Shimano calipers, and I am about to change out its brakes to Red. I am curious about others' first-hand experience with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best part? Crane bell.

Worst part? Disc brakes. Edit: or maybe the BB30 bracket.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Last edited by: georged: Mar 3, 18 6:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
sathomasga wrote:
Worst: SRAM Red Brakes

What do you dislike about the SRAM Red brakes on your bike?

They seem to be impossible to keep adjusted so as to not rub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're considering new brakes, you must look at the Cane Creek ee brakes. I have them on my Bowman with HED4 wheels and they are amazing. I have disc brakes on my Canyon and the ee braking is as close to disc as I've ever experienced. (BTW - both bikes have sram e-tap, gruppo). Oh, and the ee's are 100g lighter than the shimano and 80g less than sram, fwiw)
Quote Reply
Re: The best and worst parts on your bike .. [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
If you're considering new brakes, you must look at the Cane Creek ee brakes. I have them on my Bowman with HED4 wheels and they are amazing. I have disc brakes on my Canyon and the ee braking is as close to disc as I've ever experienced. (BTW - both bikes have sram e-tap, gruppo). Oh, and the ee's are 100g lighter than the shimano and 80g less than sram, fwiw)
I had not thought about those. But HOLY CRAP; Are they really ≈$600 USD a pair (without pads). They look beautiful, and I am sure they are powerful. But are they worth $400 more (3x more) than a set of SRAM Red or Dura Ace calipers?

Tririg: "Our brakes are expensive, but they are worth it." Cane Creek "hold my beer..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are. If you're going to all the effort and expense on a gruppo, wheels, frame, why wouldn't you want to have the most control to stop/slow?

It only hurts once!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QR CD0.1

Best: The Geometry and the frame in general. My P2M Rotor crankset, speedplay pedals, and Dura Ace components

Worst: The brakes
The stock rear brake was awful. It's no longer an issue though as I have replaced it with a TriRig.
I have not found a solution for the front brake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
They are. If you're going to all the effort and expense on a gruppo, wheels, frame, why wouldn't you want to have the most control to stop/slow?

It only hurts once!
The entertaining (to me) side story is that I originally built this road bike on the very cheap. I found a very good and light used frame, and built most of the rest of it from leftover parts from Tri bike upgrades. Then, I bought other decent but used parts to finished it out. I think I only got a couple things new. The bike reminded me of how much I absolutely love road riding. So, I upgraded to a new SRAM eTap shift kit.

I love SRAM cranks, so I put a new all-black SRAM Red crank on it. My only non-Red exception (other than the calipers) is the cassette. SRAM's current Red cassette is a glorious triumph of manufacturing. But, it is stupid money for little incremental value. So, the bike got a Force cassette, which is very good at 1/3 the cost. So, my quest is to decide whether a part is truly awesome or just stupid money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek Equinox E9. Best: everything except... the worst: chainstay clearance doesn't allow for my wide HED Jet + Black disc.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

$600 frame, plus, plus, plus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2012 Cervelo P2 (yes the bike of the masses)
Best-Frame
Worst-All cables sticking out despite zipp ties-yuck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
The best part on mine is the frame and the worst were the DA brake pads ..

Best: the frame (2010 P3),
Worst part on my bike (the rider, operates it far too slow to make much use of such a good frame).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
best: saddle
worst: rider

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next