Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The best (bicycle) grease ever? [bigadam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at the website and they make a lot of great claims - but they don't have anything that backs them up. I'm not even talking about the "negatively charged bike frame and the positively charged dirt particles" line (smells like BS to me, but what do I know?). But while they tout their product as "worlds best" repeatedly (which kind of makes me wonder why I'd choose one "best" product over another of their "best" products), they don't list any hard data. No specs whatsoever.

Sure none of the other guys do it either, but then again if these guys are supposed to be changing the bicycle lubrication world as we know it, a little hard data would go a long way with me. Even if I don't understand it. ;-p

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: The best (bicycle) grease ever? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At one time there was a Timken test (created by the bearing people at Timken bearings) which used a lever arm to apply force to a bearing which was rotating. Force is applied until it is capable of stopping the beaing from rolling if I remember correctly. With the rock n roll lube, they outperformed all the other lubes that were used in that test (both the chain lube (gold) and the grease) and it was pretty a pretty long list of lubes which were tested against (but again, I can not remember where to find the testing).

Stephen J

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
Ya the Rock"N"roll site does lack info.

The sandsmachine folks seem to really like Krylox. But it isn't cheap nor easy to find.

A co-worker uses Dumonde lube and likes it, but in the s and s test it did not do to well.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Oct 25, 06 15:04
Quote Reply
Re: The best (bicycle) grease ever? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just found a couple of products from Dumonde Tech I hadn't seen before:

Dumonde Tech MR Grease
Micro Resistance technology provides the ultimate protection for bearings and pivots. This grease works so amazingly well only a small amount is needed. 1.5 oz. container.

Dumonde Tech Liquid Grease
Dumonde Tech Liquid Grease is a thinner grease that will work perfect for any of your grease needed applications. We found it works great for free hub bodies and can be mixed with Dumonde's MR grease to get any consistancy you desire. 1 oz bottle.

Looks promising.
Quote Reply

Prev Next