Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00
Quote | Reply
I just saw it live, the result is 4:49

Here is his instagram link. https://www.instagram.com/michael.sgx

i feel like crap now, i cant even reach 75% of either of these effort levels in 1 week!
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wake me up when someone does 100 pull-ups and a 100 yard dash in 2 minutes

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Wake me up when someone does 100 pull-ups and a 100 yard dash in 2 minutes

and no kipping

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

i feel like crap now, i cant even reach 75% of either of these effort levels in 1 week!

I wonder what Mo Farah could do with all his fast twitch (he has a 48 second 400m time). Is this a single 500 lbs dead lift or cumulative (example 10x50 lbs in 30 seconds and go run a 4:30 mile or 1x500 in 5 seconds and go run 4:55)
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
synthetic wrote:

I wonder what Mo Farah could do with all his fast twitch (he has a 48 second 400m time). Is this a single 500 lbs dead lift or cumulative (example 10x50 lbs in 30 seconds and go run a 4:30 mile or 1x500 in 5 seconds and go run 4:55)

You saw that video where Mo Farah and the Brownlees got dusted by the boxer Anthony Joshua in a track sprint right? Check it on youtube - the big muscle guys blow away the triathletes and runners in the sprint!
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
synthetic wrote:

he deadlifted 500lb in 1 lift ~ 10s, then did the mile, all in 4:49. So he is probably capable of 4:30 mile, and is ~200lb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is very impressive! If it was a 200M or even a 400M run combined with the deadlift, I could see that as compatible, but there is no way the physical demands are similar between a deadlift and mile run. 500 lbs is a very very very very good lift for an endurance athlete.

Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The physical demands are pretty similar: quads.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, quads are definitely not the dominant muscle used for a deadlift.
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriNewbieZA wrote:

Or the mile.

As I've posted before, my son ran a 4:29 1500m (~4:50 mile) at the end of a decathlon at 230 lbs. I keep telling him he should be doing these kind of stunts and be an Instagram/Youtube star.
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HardlyTrying wrote:
TriNewbieZA wrote:

Or the mile.

As I've posted before, my son ran a 4:29 1500m (~4:50 mile) at the end of a decathlon at 230 lbs. I keep telling him he should be doing these kind of stunts and be an Instagram/Youtube star.
I was just thinking that the decathlon guys have the best chance, but even then 4:29 1500m is very good and this is at the limit of being able to do a 4:50 mile plus the deadlift!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d think current day Ryan Hall could lay down a pretty good time

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And no recovery, geeze.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
I’d think current day Ryan Hall could lay down a pretty good time

hall's current max is about 455 with straps.... so would be 425 no straps. But I would like to see someone else take this on!

update.. video is finally up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHVaa4Mg8-4/
Last edited by: synthetic: Nov 8, 20 13:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the challenge is on! hall calls out symmonds to do this too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmF94BHmL0k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
https://youtu.be/mmF94BHmL0k

ETA - this was an attempt to embed the video directly but it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly?

after watching that i think hall might stand a better chance of completing this one. 150% of your current deadlift PR is a fair amount...!
Last edited by: jkhayc: Jan 14, 21 5:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
off topic, please forgive.... Does anyone here have a 300w FTP AND 300lbs bench? That's a bucket list goal for me.
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alfonso132 wrote:
off topic, please forgive.... Does anyone here have a 300w FTP AND 300lbs bench? That's a bucket list goal for me.

My riding buddy does, but he's 225#.
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alfonso132 wrote:

I think it is more fair to frame it with w/kg and your bench.

I know Zwift has a lot of fake junk going on, but there at tons of 100kg dudes on Zwift constantly cruising at 3w/kg all day long. I'm sitting there doing 260w on the TT bike at like 3.7w/kg and get passed standing still by dudes on TT bikes only doing 3w/kg. Take a peek at their workout display...........300w. Whew.

3w/kg is absolutely nothing up a hill. Whereas 300w is a lot of power for an hour. To me at least.
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mo did 12.98s. Though it was a crappy day for sprinting

He'd be in the "B" group for speedwork in most of the club based middle distance squads i trained with in the 80s if that was the best he could do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My current FTP is 320, and I benched 315 as a freshman in college... I'm about to turn 31 and I struggled to get 175 up yesterday lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impressive. Pacing strategy leaves a LOT of room for improvement. 65, 68, 81, 76. Pretty sure the first 100m was sub 4min/mile pace. Ouch.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: The bar has been raised! 500lb deadlift and 1 mile run all in under 5:00 [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
alfonso132 wrote:

I think it is more fair to frame it with w/kg and your bench.

I know Zwift has a lot of fake junk going on, but there at tons of 100kg dudes on Zwift constantly cruising at 3w/kg all day long. I'm sitting there doing 260w on the TT bike at like 3.7w/kg and get passed standing still by dudes on TT bikes only doing 3w/kg. Take a peek at their workout display...........300w. Whew.

3w/kg is absolutely nothing up a hill. Whereas 300w is a lot of power for an hour. To me at least.

I probably do.

Haven't tested bench in a while though. Maxed out at ~400 pounds with a pause on chest at 100kg body mass 3 years ago. Video on instagram (or it didn't happen, of course!!).

I would imagine I can put up 300-315 pounds right now.
20-min best recorded = 309 W, and have only tested once (only recently got a power meter).
94kg body mass.

Yes, I get destroyed by smaller mediocre riders when the road turns uphill.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Last edited by: DrAlexHarrison: Jan 14, 21 7:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alfonso132 wrote:

No, but I do have a 260 watt FTP and a maybe 125 pound bench so... pretty much the same thing.

It's basically all free booze, drugs and loose women once you get here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next